.owl files

Derek S

Oct 27, 2022, 12:08:07 PM10/27/22
to TopBraid Suite Users
Hi,
the molecular biology world has number published ontologies in RDF/XML which have the file extension .owl

I know if I change the extension to .rdf then TBC can import and open them. Could someone remind me of the logic for why TBC can't open these files when they have a .owl extension?

Cheers

Holger Knublauch

Oct 27, 2022, 12:11:37 PM10/27/22
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
The reason is that many .owl file "out there" (esp saved with Protege) are in fact OWL/XML, not RDF/XML. In order to avoid confusion, we elected to leave .owl to OWL/XML.