ToorCamp Call For Papers!

David Hulton

Feb 21, 2020, 12:55:00 AM2/21/20
to ToorCamp
We're currently accepting talk submissions to ToorCamp 2020! ToorCamp
is coming soon so get your code finished and submit a talk this time
around. Talks can range from hacking, building, and breaking new
technologies to orienteering, philosophy, cooking, politics, etc. We
will consider any talk that you think would be interesting for an
intelligent audience of geeks like you. We’re letting you decide if
you want to be a part of our 50-minute talks on Thursday & Friday,
20-minute talks on Saturday, 5-minute lightning talks on Friday night,
or if you want to organize a full-on workshop sometime during the
event. We evaluate our submissions in the order that they’re received
so submit your talk before time runs out!

Workshops
If you need more time to present, we are also accepting Workshops
which run around the camp throughout the event. Workshop presenters
get free admission to the camp, so don't miss out on this opportunity!

Disclaimers
Please no vendor pitches or talks on old subjects (retro is fine and
encouraged!). We try to keep ToorCamp current so please only submit
talks on original research that isn’t more than 12 months old. Talks
that are submitted for a 50-minute slot may be asked to be reduced to
20-minutes if space on the lineup is limited. You must notify ToorCamp
if you are in any way unable to make it to your talk after being
accepted. For questions about speaking, please contact
da...@toorcon.org.

Remuneration
Instructors of accepted workshops will receive free admission to the
ToorCamp. Unfortunately, we are unable to cover any admission or
expenses for non-workshop presenters. If your talk is accepted and you
don't have a ticket we will provide a booking code to purchase one
(even though the event is currently sold out).

CFP Review Committee: Bash Explode, joefitz, daveg, Dominic Spill,
efffn, Eric Michaud, Geo, h1kari, Lanrat, Michael Ossmann, Mitch
Altman, Morgan Roman, Richard Johnson, Soldier of FORTRAN, supersat,
Topher Timzen

https://talks.toorcon.net/toorcamp-2020-2019/cfp

Thanks!
-David

--
David Hulton
Chairman, ToorCon, Inc.

Steven Bochinski

Feb 21, 2020, 9:39:44 AM2/21/20
to toor...@googlegroups.com
Good morning David++,

I would like to do a workshop on making your own stromboli from scratch.  This has been a recent passion of mine using yeast to make the dough, cooking at home in my outdoor oven and loving it!!!   I have a few other ideas to about teaching cooking as well - another possible topic is "How to make something you never made before" - I often figure out how to cook something by looking at the ingredients on the jar(say alfredo sauce) and then make it from scratch - another topic is "How to cook by google" - google up 10 recipes and figure out how to actually make it.

one other possiblity is slow cooking - for vegetarians - adzuki bean soup in the crock pot overnight - or a pot roast in the slowcooker - toss the ingredients in before you go to work and have a lovely meal ready when you get home!

any one of these sound particularly appealing?  i can flesh out a 50 min class have a stromboli cooking in the oven and show people how to make the dough, then pull out the finished product for sampling...

Happy carnival from new orleans! if any of you guys is out this way hit me up!!!

Steve