URGENT: Sign up for tEUrCamp Village @ CCCamp by 5/20

ToorCamp

May 9, 2019, 3:39:18 PM5/9/19
to ToorCamp
Hey ToorCampers!

We're pushing forward with bringing out the awesomeness of ToorCamp to CCCamp this August 21st-25th in Germany. More info can be found at https://teurcamp.toorcon.net, but NOW is the time to decide if you're coming or not. CCCamp has become a massive event and every year there aren't enough tickets for everyone, so they issue vouchers to villages ahead of time to help alleviate the mad dash to buy tickets when they go online. The camp organizers want to make sure they have enough vouchers set aside for our village members, but in order to do that we need to let them know how many people are coming by May 20th.

To make sure you have a voucher to buy a ticket for CCCamp, please register with our tEUrCamp village by visiting https://teurcamp.toorcon.net/register/ ASAP!

Our goal is to make coming out to CCCamp easy for everyone, so by registering with our village we'll be providing transportation from the airport to the camp, optional camping gear, food, and support for groups to bring some of their awesome projects out to the event.

Once you register, also please remember to join our tEUrCamp google group to keep up to date on plans for the camp: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/teurcamp

Also, please note that although the CCCamp website isn't officially live yet, much of the info is similar to the last event and can be found here: https://events.ccc.de/camp/2015/wiki/Main_Page

We look forward to seeing you all there!

Thanks,
-David

Æstrid Smith

May 9, 2019, 3:48:36 PM5/9/19
to ToorCamp
Unfortunately I can't make it out to Chaos Camp this year due to a
scheduling conflict, but I went in 2015 and it was loads of fun.
CCCamp happens every fourth year, so if you miss this one then the
next is in 2023!

Camping on the far side of a transatlantic flight isn't _easy_ but
it's not actually that hard either. :) The site in 2019 is the same
place as it was in 2015 ... there's a lake for swimming about a ten
minute walk away from the campsite, and the camps that the various
groups set up are always good. At 6000 people, it's big enough that
you probably won't be able to see it all.

I absolutely encourage Toorcamp folks to join up if you can!!
--
æstrid smith
=<[ c y b e r ]>=

Jana Illig

May 9, 2019, 7:51:40 PM5/9/19
to toor...@googlegroups.com
Hey David and Toorcamp organizers!

There was talk last year about putting together babysitting for the little ones. Is that still part of the mission? We would love to bring Luke! He will be turning 2 in August.

Lots of love,
Jana, Vyrus and Lucian

David Hulton

May 9, 2019, 7:59:40 PM5/9/19
to ToorCamp
We're definitely bringing our kid and Tim's bringing his kids, so there will be a pretty good ToorCamp kiddo contingent at CCCamp. Right now the recommendation I've gotten from mc.fly is that families camp in the family village as they're better equipped for family activities and can accommodate camper vans/rvs/etc more easily (we're planning on grabbing a camper van for the time there). I think it'd be great to group together and either share sitting duties or hire a sitter for some of the times, so we should take it offline and discuss the best way to handle that.

If anyone else is planning on bringing their kids, please shoot me an email so I can make sure you're included in the discussion!

Thanks,
-David

Elmar Lecher

May 10, 2019, 4:37:49 AM5/10/19
to toor...@googlegroups.com
On 5/10/19 1:59 AM, David Hulton wrote:
> We're definitely bringing our kid and Tim's bringing his kids, so there
> will be a pretty good ToorCamp kiddo contingent at CCCamp. Right now the
> recommendation I've gotten from mc.fly is that families camp in the family
> village as they're better equipped for family activities and can
> accommodate camper vans/rvs/etc more easily (we're planning on grabbing a
> camper van for the time there). I think it'd be great to group together and
> either share sitting duties or hire a sitter for some of the times, so we
> should take it offline and discuss the best way to handle that.

That would still mean to party at milliways where the toorcamp village
will be in the neiburhood. But the family village has
* more silence towards night times
* more tolerance towards kid and baby originating noise emmisions :-)
* a lot of other people around you with partly the same problems.
* moar - but still limited - place for campers / RV

Last time the family village was not too far from milliways anyway,
not sure this time though.

The subscribe address for them is
kidspace-...@lists.gesindel.org, from each family one person
should be on that list.

mc.fly ....

joefitz

May 10, 2019, 9:38:50 PM5/10/19
to ToorCamp
Just want to confirm- is the registration a general camp registration or specific to villages?

So - I register with teurcamp village by the 20th to ensure i get a ticket via there allotment... but i can camp at the kids camp (with my kids?)

Or do I *not* register with teurcamp and need to register with kids camp to get a ticket specific to them?

Thanks!

Still not 100% sure if it's going to happen but will know within the next week :)

-joe
@securelyfitz

Pierce Nichols

May 10, 2019, 10:01:48 PM5/10/19
to toor...@googlegroups.com
When I went to OSH2013, there was an outfit on site selling cheap tent/pad/sleeping bag combinations for something like 40 euros or so. Cheaper than the baggage fees for taking your own.

-p

David Hulton

May 11, 2019, 11:15:33 AM5/11/19
to toor...@googlegroups.com
Hey Joe,

If you register with our village, you’ll be supporting our infrastructure, optionally get camping gear, get a milliways coin for food, help with transportation, etc, and will get a voucher that you can use to guarantee you’ll be able to buy a ticket for the camp.

You can camp in the family village in addition to that (I don’t believe there’s any cost involved with just camping in their village, but there is additional cost and limited slots available for rvs/camper vans in general when registering for the camp if you want to go that route), or if you don’t feel like registering with the tEUrCamp village you can just reach out to the family village to see if you can get into their voucher allocation.

So, there’s a bunch of different options :-)

-David

David Hulton

May 13, 2019, 3:28:01 PM5/13/19
to ToorCamp, elmar -mc.fly- lecher
mc.fly,

Maybe you could also help clarify something regarding families staying at CCCamp... Do we need vouchers and/or CCCamp tickets for all of the kids attending? Do you know if there's an age cut-off where kids are free or don't require a voucher?

Thanks!
-David

Elmar Lecher

May 14, 2019, 4:05:47 AM5/14/19
to David Hulton, ToorCamp
On 5/13/19 9:27 PM, David Hulton wrote:
> mc.fly,
> Maybe you could also help clarify something regarding families staying at
> CCCamp... Do we need vouchers and/or CCCamp tickets for all of the kids
> attending? Do you know if there's an age cut-off where kids are free or
> don't require a voucher?

There was a cut off age range where you did not need a ticket.

From the 2015 ticket page:

If you are under 12 you get in for free! Between the age of 12 and 18
you are eligible for an Up-and-coming ticket for 50 EUR. That means,
you must convince us to be born before August 13th 1997. Please bring
a (sufficiently convincing fake of a) document / photo ID stating your
age.

Hope that helps...

mc.fly ...

Elmar Lecher

May 14, 2019, 4:07:27 AM5/14/19
to toor...@googlegroups.com
On 5/14/19 10:05 AM, Elmar Lecher wrote:
> There was a cut off age range where you did not need a ticket.
> From the 2015 ticket page:
> If you are under 12 you get in for free! Between the age of 12 and 18
> you are eligible for an Up-and-coming ticket for 50 EUR. That means,
> you must convince us to be born before August 13th 1997. Please bring
> a (sufficiently convincing fake of a) document / photo ID stating your
> age.

Just to be clear: This is the 2015 rules. The rules in 2019 can be
different but they are not known yet.

mc.fly ...

joefitz

May 19, 2019, 1:06:14 AM5/19/19
to ToorCamp
Awesome. I'm in and bringing kids.

Last question (for now). Should i register for 1 or for 3 of us for teurcamp. Happy to support all the infrastructure no matter where we camp but don't want to throw your numbers off if i don't need a voucher to register the kids.

Thanks,
-joe

On Fri, May 10, 2019 at 6:38 PM joefitz <joe...@joefitz.net> wrote:
Just want to confirm- is the registration a general camp registration or specific to villages?

So - I register with teurcamp village by the 20th to ensure i get a ticket via there allotment... but i can camp at the kids camp (with my kids?)

Or do I *not* register with teurcamp and need to register with kids camp to get a ticket specific to them?

Thanks!

Still not 100% sure if it's going to happen but will know within the next week :)

-joe
@securelyfitz

David Hulton

May 20, 2019, 12:44:48 AM5/20/19
to ToorCamp
Joe,

I went ahead and created a children's ticket as per what mc.fly mentioned about how it worked last year. I now have half-price tickets on our website that you can book for children < 12 that will include the village benefits (and help offset our costs) and won't mess up our tally. That being said, it's totally up to you if you want to book them if you're planning on camping with the family village :)

Thanks!
-David

John Doe

May 22, 2019, 3:23:23 PM5/22/19
to ToorCamp
Is there any vouchers left? do I purchase a ticket? I will be at ccc this year. what do I do?

David Hulton

May 22, 2019, 3:43:50 PM5/22/19
to ToorCamp
If you want to try to get in on our voucher list, you can still purchase membership to our village at https://teurcamp.toorcon.net and we'll try our best to help get you a ticket to camp (but it is an additional cost with CCC).

Thanks,
-David