Scuba dive

John Krah

Jun 18, 2024, 7:17:29 PM (11 days ago) Jun 18
to ToorCamp
Any scuba divers coming this year? I'd like to hit the water while at camp and looking for dive buddies that are certified and have recently been diving in cold water, so bring your preferred thick wetsuit or drysuit. The waters are rich with biological diversity!

Site options include just walking in the shore at Doe Bay or if enough interest venturing out by boat nearby to Doe Island which are both well protected from the Salish Sea currents. Consulting tides and currents here are the 2-3 best options each day for near-slack conditions.
* 6/26 06:54 ebb 0.36 kn,  16:36 slack;
* 6/27 08:12 ebb 0.30 kn,  17:24 slack;
* 6/28 09:30 slack,  18:06 slack;
* 6/29 09:12 slack,  13:36 slack,  18:54 slack;
* 6/30 09:36 slack,  16:12 slack,  20:12 slack.

Scuba shops for gear rentals/repairs and air fills are a bit out of reach, the closest one is back on mainland at Fidalgo/Anacortes https://www.anacortesdiving.com/. Most likely plan is that we bring all the tanks we want to dive for the week to avoid transporting around too much.

And of course visibility varies by day in the spring-summer so we could see a little or a lot.

Cheers, John