COVID-19 Update: ToorCamp Postponed to 2021

David Hulton

Apr 16, 2020, 12:46:35 AM4/16/20
to ToorCamp
Due to the “Stay Home, Stay Healthy” order in Washington state which
is currently in effect until at least May 4th and all indications
pointing toward restrictions being extended further toward June, we
have made the difficult decision to postpone ToorCamp this year. We
have the advantage that ToorCamp only occurs every 2 years, so we will
be postponing the event to July 14th-18th, 2021. We think that this is
not only the safest option for our attendees and staff, but also the
best decision we can make to help with preventing the further spread
of this pandemic.

Tickets & Reservations
For those of you who have ToorCamp 2020 tickets, you don’t need to do
anything. Your tickets are now valid for our new date in 2021. If you
have a cabin reserved with us or Doe Bay, your reservation for the new
dates are currently secured as part of our room block. For those who
have cabins, we’ll contact you in the Fall to confirm your
reservation. That being said, we are happy to provide full refunds for
tickets or cabins for any reason.

VirtualToor
To keep the momentum going with our villages and attendee projects,
we’ll be hosting a pants-optional & free for everyone VirtualToor
event on the weekend that ToorCamp was scheduled for -- June
27th-28th, 2020. We’re working on building out the digital
infrastructure for people to still present their current research,
have village hangouts, host contests, and collaborate on projects.
We’ll also be providing care package kits for an optional donation to
help enable participation in different aspects of the event (e.g.
Smore kits, ShadyTel SIP adapters, Soldering Challenge kits, etc).
We’ll be announcing details on how to sign-up and participate in early
May. It is required that presenters have pants while presenting.

Talk Submissions
If you have submitted a talk, it will now be considered for the 2021
dates. If you believe the information will be old news by 2021, we
encourage you to present at VirtualToor instead and cancel your
submission to ToorCamp.

Villages
We know you all have been working hard preparing for ToorCamp this
year and still want to provide opportunities for you to connect with
other camp members and do awesome things in our virtual format. If
there’s anything we can do to help enable your ideas and get the word
out to other camp members, please let us know!

Stay Home, Stay Healthy
We hope you all are doing well through the crazy times and we’re all
SO looking forward to partying with y’all virtually in June and IRL
next Summer!

Take care,
-The ToorCamp Organisers

--