ToorCamp @ CCC Camp 2019

David Hulton

Oct 23, 2018, 3:17:55 PM10/23/18
to ToorCamp
In case any of you missed our announcement at ToorCon San Diego XX, we're planning on organizing a ToorCamp village at CCC Camp next year August 21-25th, 2019 to celebrate our 10th anniversary running ToorCamp! (It really has been that long)

The plan is to have the ToorCamp village make it easy for anyone coming from the US to participate. We'll handle:

- Shelter: either personal tents or bunks
- Food: hopefully with the gracious help of milliways!
- Events: talks, workshops, and parties!
- Infrastructure: domes, power, internet, twisted pair, etc

But ToorCamp isn't really ToorCamp without all the awesome projects that you all bring, so we also want to help you showcase those projects at CCC Camp. If you're interested in being a part of this, please shoot me an email so we can coordinate!

In the next couple months we'll be releasing details as far as costs for being a part of the village and logistics around us all getting to camp.

In the meantime, if any of you happen to be near Mildenberg, Germany on November 10th and want to help us pick out a spot for our village, please let me know!

Thanks!
-David

Matt Joyce

Oct 23, 2018, 3:20:50 PM10/23/18
to toor...@googlegroups.com
Milliways is at both events and you should plan on joining in with whiskey leaks!

-Matt

Daniel Kraft

Oct 25, 2018, 2:19:03 PM10/25/18
to ToorCamp
Yeah, from what I understand Milliways initially started in Europe, and was picked up by our fine American friends.

I haven't seen those folks in a while, but I know where they hang out so I'm gonna try to hit them up about it tonight. I wanna help this effort because CCC camp has been on my bucket list!

- Dan

Æstrid Smith

Oct 25, 2018, 2:22:35 PM10/25/18
to toor...@googlegroups.com
i went to the previous chaos camp, in 2015. it was a lot of fun! and
not that much work, even doing everything myself. (camping on the far
side of an international flight is ... it requires a bit of planning.)

maybe i'll make it out to this one too :)
--
æstrid smith
=<[ c y b e r ]>=
> toorcamp/47ab7291-83bc-4611-9d5b-3e995a3cd279%40googlegroups.com.

macker

Oct 25, 2018, 8:47:27 PM10/25/18
to ToorCamp
I'll be at CCC camp 2019, and CCC in Dec.

macker

Oct 25, 2018, 8:49:53 PM10/25/18
to ToorCamp
Oh Yeah,

I'll be w/ milliways but can help out with toorcamp too \o/.