VirtualToor June 27-28th

David Hulton

May 19, 2020, 1:17:22 PM5/19/20
to ToorCamp
Hey all,

First off, I hope you all are doing well and staying safe during the COVID-19 times. It was a tough decision for us to postpone ToorCamp until next year, but we think the last month has shown how necessary it was. We really appreciate most of you keeping your tickets to ToorCamp 2021 and your continued support of our organization.

That being said, we're excited to host VirtualToor next month instead of ToorCamp. For a while we've been toying with the idea of adopting the CCC's wiki system to allow for enabling the whole self-organized side of ToorCamp. While putting together VirtualToor this year we decided to go all-in and adapt their system for fully organizing the event. We hope you all enjoy using the system and that it doesn't get too out of hand :-). Here's a few ways you can participate:

Self-Organized Sessions
Instead of a standard lineup we're letting you submit your talks, workshops, and other hangouts and events. We just have a couple of loose guidelines as far as what venues are suitable for your content:
Prime Dome - 20 and 50 minute talks
Hardware Hacking Stage - Hacker/Maker Workshops
Yoga Studio - Non-Hacker/Maker Workshops
Your Villages - Whatever else you want to organize: Hangouts, Contests, Pillow Fort Parties, Happy Hours!!

Projects
Have a project you want to collaborate with others on? Post it on the wiki and connect with those who are interested!

Villages
As you probably know, ToorCamp consists of many villages that are almost like small sub-cons that happen within the main ToorCamp event. If you're organizing a village and want to have a way for people to connect and hang out or scheme about ideas for ToorCamp next year, please village submit your info.

Chat
Our official method of chatting about VirtualToor is through #virtualtoor on our slack channel.

Registration
Attendance at VirtualToor is free, but to help get an idea of how many of you will be joining, please register ahead of time. We'll also have some kit options available for a suggested donation. Registration will open on May 27th.

Take care!
-The ToorCon Organizers

--
David Hulton