Milliways 2024 Announcement and Participation Survey!

😺

Jun 2, 2024, 4:38:46 PMJun 2
to ToorCamp
Hello, I'm 😺and I'm here to announce that Milliways will be returning to ToorCamp 2024!

There is an announcement and survey here: https://forms.office.com/r/LF4FJbe7Si, please fill it out if you're interested in food, cool challenge coins, volunteering to cook, talk, DJ, or other. Also please distribute the link to any other channels interested parties may be found in, we're a pretty distributed community and I'm sure this email won't make it to everyone.

Filling out the survey is not mandatory, we will bring lots of extra food and walk on volunteers are appreciated.

The contents of the announcement are replicated here in case you don't feel like clicking the link:

Hello friends! We're just a month away from toorcamp, and I'm here to tell you about Milliways! We mostly have food and volounteer opportunities related to making food. Ever cooked for 100 people? It's different, than 3 or 4, and fun! We also have a small dome with two turntables and a microphone where we host unofficial talks, workshops, and dance parties. If you have an idea for such a thing, we may be able to help make it happen.

We have 6 meals planned this year: brunch-ish, and dinner-ish Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. We at least make a vegetarian and meat-containing version of each meal, but the menu plan is still in the works, and we have meal-leader volunteer slots open. We also have a kitchen available if you want to cook group meals outside those hours.

We will be accepting donations and providing challenge coins. The challenge coins look really cool and the donations buy the food, which keeps the whole train running. Suggested donation this year is $80 or more if you're feeling generous.

If you plan on eating at Milliways or would like to volunteer, your responses here would be appreciated, but are by no means necessary, just find us at camp.

For more information, find me on your favorite messenger: I'm @cat_emoji.42 on signal, dave.two on discord, mee...@live.com on email, or just hand your message to a local crow, they'll know how to get it to me.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

-😺