Any divers interested in Tank or Apnea diving the island?

declar...@gmail.com

Jul 9, 2022, 2:32:56 PM7/9/22
to ToorCamp
I know this subject has been brought up in previous years so I thought I would ask if there is any interest from anyone this year?

Any Divers or Free divers want to buddy up and hit up the area during the con?

If you are flying in i could see what extra gear I could bring and rent the rest.  There are no tank rentals on the island so whatever we use we would have to bring from home or rent on the mainland and bring across.  We could also just apnea dive it.

Let me know and we can start the conversation privately.

Colin Williams

Jul 9, 2022, 5:22:25 PM7/9/22
to ToorCamp
If you have extra gear [dry suit / suit / regulator / bcd / mask ] and are experienced enough [ divemaster+] I might be up for tank diving. I mostly dive in the South Atlantic / Caribbean and haven't experienced much in the Pacific. My last 4 dives were in Cozumel a few months ago.

octalpus

Jul 9, 2022, 5:50:32 PM7/9/22
to toor...@googlegroups.com
Diving in the North Pacific is exactly like the South Atlantic except dark and really effing cold. 🤣 We do have some pretty cool undersea wildlife, though.

Colin Williams

3ric Johanson

Jul 10, 2022, 9:20:25 AM7/10/22
to toor...@googlegroups.com
I have been diving in doe bay before.  It is protected and doesn't have much current.

However,  this isn't the place to go diving if you have not done recent cold water diving.

Best do a check out dive first at someplace like cove 2 on alki. It has professionals available to help you, easy to sort out gear problems and close to a hospital. :)

The diving specifically at doe bay isn't the best diving location on the islands.  You can find much more life on lime kiln park, but it's extremely exposed and can only be visited during slack.

Best,
3ric