Please leave Dishy at home.

David Bryan

May 25, 2022, 8:42:31 PM5/25/22
to ToorCamp
Hey Folks,

Just FYI- please plan to leave dishy (StarLink) at home. I don't want 300 StarLink dishes setup in the camping area, for various and what should be obvious reasons.

If you still have questions as to why, please visit our FAQ: https://wiki.toorcamp.org/Network#FAQ

-VideoMan

Karl Koscher

May 25, 2022, 8:50:39 PM5/25/22
to toor...@googlegroups.com
... what do you have against x.25 over barbed wire?! Is it the barbs? I suppose regular wire would do...

Pavel Kirkovsky

May 25, 2022, 8:55:17 PM5/25/22
to toor...@googlegroups.com
My takeaway was that a complimentary buffet of telecom-grade barbed wire will be provided at the con. Still unclear on if we need to bring our own bird seed for the pigeons, though...

3ric Johanson

May 25, 2022, 8:55:36 PM5/25/22
to toor...@googlegroups.com
Great.  You know that authoritarian attitude is just going to cause them to pop up like mushrooms everywhere.

You stood a better chance by saying nothing!

/me runs off to order my dishy cosplay outfit from Etsy for toorcamp.

Best,
3ric

David Bryan

May 25, 2022, 9:02:03 PM5/25/22
to ToorCamp
I mean... I hear ShadyTel Might be able to help out with a few thousand feet of twisted-pair wire.

Sova Mind

Sep 7, 2023, 4:33:41 PM9/7/23
to ToorCamp
Can I get ISDN service this year from ShadyTel?   :- P

Kevin K

Sep 7, 2023, 9:19:00 PM9/7/23
to toor...@googlegroups.com
If you want it this year you will need to speak to their service desk.

Charlie

Sep 26, 2023, 10:09:47 AM9/26/23
to toor...@googlegroups.com
Various data connectivity services may be made available, but we're still in the process of mapping our coverage areas and finalizing our rate plan. We will provide more information closer to the event.