ToorCamp 2024 CFP: Final Round Ending This Saturday!

David Hulton

May 2, 2024, 12:57:42 PMMay 2
to ToorCamp
Call For Participation!
ToorCamp is less than 2 months away and we're working on finalizing our preparations for the camp. There's a few things you should be aware of in case you missed it.

Call for Papers Closing This Weekend!!
If you have something you'd like to present or have a workshop idea, please submit it ASAP! This is your last chance to submit a talk for the camp, so please make sure to get your submission in before midnight Saturday, May 4th!

Villages!
We've just opened up registration for villages this year and have made it super simple to create a wiki page for your village and request placement from the Space Team. Make sure to get your village submitted soon, so we can ensure your requests are fulfilled. Also, join our discord to coordinate with the other villages, especially Beerocracy & Shadytel, since we’ll be doing a village passport book again this year.

Ferry Reservations!
Be aware that if you're planning on driving to ToorCamp it is highly recommended that you obtain a reservation on the Washington State Ferry, otherwise you could be waiting all day to get on a ferry to the island. So far 25% of the ferries have been booked but the next 25% is released 2 weeks before sailing at 7:00AM and then another 25% is released 2 days before sailing at 7:00AM. If you don't already have a ferry reservation, make sure to mark the dates on your calendar and be ready at 7:00AM PT to book your reservation, as they sell out quickly.

NIGHTMRKT!
After last year's resounding success, NIGHTMRKT is back again! NIGHTMRKT is the night time deer punk warez marketplace where you can peddle your cyber-scrap, techno-art, 0-days, and other nerdy creations and services for ShadyBucks (or any other meatspace/cyber currency you prefer). To guarantee a stand in the NIGHTMRKT, make sure to sign up here!

The Wiki Is Your Friend!
The wiki is your best guide to current information for this year's ToorCamp. The discord will be the primary comms during camp but is not regularly monitored right now since staff are busy planning ToorCamp. If you have more immediate questions you can send them to in...@toorcamp.org or spac...@toorcon.org.

Art Grants!
Once again, we’re offering our art grant program. If you have an idea for a project you think would really enhance the camp, but need some funds to make it a reality, hit us up at artg...@toorcon.org and we’ll see how we can help!

Sponsorship!
Most of our sponsorship opportunities have been booked, but we can always use extra funds and goodies to help make the event even better for our attendees; so, if you’re interested in sponsoring, please reach out to us at spo...@toorcon.org.

Communication!
The official means of communication for camp this year is our discord. If you have questions or want to coordinate with others around the event, please check it out!

Refunds!
We totally understand if you aren’t able to make it out to the best event of the summer and would rather experience mad FOMO instead. If so, please let us know by May 25th and we’ll be more than happy to issue you a full refund for your ticket. Many people are waiting for cheaper tickets to become available, so please return your ticket as early as possible, so that we can make sure someone else can attend.

Thank You!
We are SO grateful to all of you for being so patient. We truly miss you all and look forward to reconnecting over s’mores, tiki drinks, and drone tacos in just 3 months! Happy hacking and we’ll see you soon!

-The ToorCamp Cr3w

--
David Hulton
Chairman, ToorCon, Inc.