Picking locks this Thursday, to take your mind off of... events.

Kenny

Jan 19, 2017, 9:01:02 AM1/19/17
to tooo...@googlegroups.com
Greetings locksport fans!

I saved this announcement up for the last minute just to be sure no
surprise weather would spoil our fun. Despite recent road conditions,
we actually get to meet Today for some lockpicking! Bring something to
show and tell, or just show up. No matter how you slice it, picking
locks will be more fun than grumbling about politics.

Who: People who think locks are really cool
When: Thursday, January 19th 7:00-9:30pm
Where: Ctrl-H, 7608 N. Interstate Ave., Portland, OR
How much: TOOOL events are free. Feel free to donate to Ctrl-H.
What to bring: yourself, your friends & curiosity! Locks&picks ok too.

Back in May, there was a special workshop offered by Jos Weyers, a world
champion impressioner visiting from the Netherlands. He will be back in
Seattle and is teaching another workshop with Holly Poer, in just a
couple weeks. Sign up now if you are interested because these seats
won't be open much longer! Jos and Holly took first and second places
(respectively) in the 2016 North American impressioning competition at
LockFest. Attend this workshop on February 6th so you can be ready for
the 2017 competition, or just so you can impression locks like a wizard.

https://squareup.com/store/metrixcreatespace/item/key-impressioning-with-jos-weyers-and-holly-poer

For anyone unclear on what impressioning is all about, it is the process
of turning a blank key into a working key without any special access to
the lock internals. So you could walk up to a locked door and make a
key for it in under 15 minutes.

Happy picking!
Kenny