Mac version new features.

moonta...@gmail.com

Apr 10, 2016, 7:36:50 AM4/10/16
to Tomighty
Hi Celio and everyone else,

Thanks a lot for making this nice tool open source!

I got your source code for the Mac version and added the following features/changes:

-Added support for automatically cycling from pomodoro->short break->Long breaks.
-Added Notifications support. It displays a notification when the pomodor/short/long breaks ends. Useful when it is used without sounds.
-Added configurable option to the preference panel to only use a black icon in the menubar as some people dislike having colourful icons there.
-Resized slightly the icon displayed in LaunchPad, as being it bright red and round appears to be slightly bigger alongside other icons.
-Ability to configure the number of pomodoros per cycle before the pomodoro count gets reset to 1.

Some screenshots:

I am testing my changes at the moment, but it seems stable.

First question would be for all users: is there any interest in those features out there?
If that's the case, Celio, would rather see these changes in a completely different forked tree? Would you consider a pull request and merging the code into your repo and release a new binary yourself ?

Thanks everyone!

David.

moonta...@gmail.com

Apr 10, 2016, 8:26:56 AM4/10/16
to Tomighty
I forgot to say that this is the Obj-C Cocoa codebase, not the Qt one.

Célio

Apr 10, 2016, 2:57:59 PM4/10/16
to tomi...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

That's awesome.  I'd gladly accept a pull request, however I'm not able to build the binaries and release them because I'll be away from home and from my Mac Mini for a couple of months.

By the way, I'm not able to maintain the project anymore, at least not for the foreseeable future, which is why I'm looking for someone to pass the torch to.  Let me know if you're interested in taking over the Cocoa-based project, or the whole thing.

Kind regards,
Celio

moonta...@gmail.com

Apr 16, 2016, 6:21:21 AM4/16/16
to Tomighty
Hi Celio,

I'm not really looking for a project to maintain. I'm afraid I won't have time to deal with feature requests and bugs and stuff. I'll be trying to add a few more things though in the next week or two if I find some time.

Also, I didn't have time to update the tests yet, so that's probably something you don't want merged?

So what I am going to do, is uploading my repo to github, bump the version number and build a new binary with these new features. And will keep doing this for the next few days. I'll scan the group for feature requests and bugs that I might iron in the process. If you want I'll give you a link to the repo so you can add it to the tomighty website.

Once you're back, you can decided what you want to do with the code. If you ever want to merge it into the main trunk, I'll send you a pull request. If you want to create a new branch in your repo, that would be ok too. You could have a stable and unstable versions with more features. Anyway, there's time to talk about that.

I'll upload the code probably today and leave you a link to the repo here. Up to you what you want to do.

Thanks,
david.

wren romano

Apr 24, 2016, 12:50:15 AM4/24/16
to Tomighty

On Saturday, April 16, 2016 at 6:21:21 AM UTC-4, moonta...@gmail.com wrote:
So what I am going to do, is uploading my repo to github, bump the version number and build a new binary with these new features. And will keep doing this for the next few days. I'll scan the group for feature requests and bugs that I might iron in the process. If you want I'll give you a link to the repo so you can add it to the tomighty website.

Once you're back, you can decided what you want to do with the code. If you ever want to merge it into the main trunk, I'll send you a pull request. If you want to create a new branch in your repo, that would be ok too. You could have a stable and unstable versions with more features. Anyway, there's time to talk about that.

I'll upload the code probably today and leave you a link to the repo here. Up to you what you want to do.

Is there an update on this? I'd like to see/use the continuous cycling feature. Also, I'd like to have a link to the code so I can look into adding my own features[1] either as a fork or a pull-request.

[1] Namely being able to lock the screen during breaks, probably by executing a user-defined shell script so folks can do other things like setting away messages on various other apps.

Tom Castonzo

May 10, 2016, 8:50:13 AM5/10/16
to Tomighty
Celio,

If you are looking for someone to pass the torch to, I would be happy to do that.
I am the IT Director for a non-profit in the US and have the team and resources to take this on.
We have Mac & Windows developers.
Just let me know if I can be of assistance.

Thanks

Célio

May 11, 2016, 12:04:21 AM5/11/16
to tomi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tom,

That's awesome!  Thanks for reaching me out and for offering your support to the project, I appreciate it!

I was reading about Kiwanis (I suppose that's the non-profit you mentioned, am I right?), learning about the organization as I didn't know it before.  I find exciting that Tomighty could be in the care of such an important organization.

So, what are your plans for Tomighty?

--
Celio

Jesse Stanford

May 26, 2016, 2:01:39 PM5/26/16
to Tomighty
What's the status on these patches? Did they ever get contributed back or pulled? I'm interested in them as well :)

I'm happy to help out as well.

Diogo Nunes

Aug 8, 2016, 9:54:11 AM8/8/16
to Tomighty
I just downloaded the latest Mac version, and these features are not there. So I guess they haven't been merged yet :(

Shouldn't we be using GitHub instead? Google groups is certainly not optimized for these kind of projects.

Yann Heurtaux

Jan 29, 2017, 5:46:22 AM1/29/17
to Tomighty
Hi everyone,
I just found out about this project while looking for a light and efficient pomodoro desktop app for my Mac (tired of my pomodoro tool living in Chrome).

@Celio
Did the take over mentioned happened?
Is it being maintained a bit, even very lightly?
Anyway, thanks for making it an open source project :)

@all If not, would you recommend a very simple yet efficient other open source pomodoro app for Mac OSX being maintained & alive, maybe an up-to-date fork of this one?

Cheers,
-Y.

Célio Cidral Junior

Jan 29, 2017, 8:48:55 AM1/29/17
to tomi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yann,

Yes, the OS X app is being maintained by Mr. Devon Tucker.  He has recently added and merged some great improvements.

Regards,
Célio Cidral Jr.