Agent Tesla Spyware found in Tomighty.exe?

adriant...@gmail.com

Feb 6, 2018, 11:20:54 PM2/6/18
to Tomighty
Hey all, I was about to begin a study session tonight when Malwarebytes plucked the Tomighty.exe right out of existence warning me about an Agent Tesla keylogger!

I don't have a basic working knowledge of spyware in that I just try to protect myself from it, so I have a few questions:

  • Is it possible that my computer was infected elsewhere and the keylogger hid itself inside of Tomighty?
  • Has this issue occured for anyone else?

Prior to this, I've been using Tomighty without issue for about 2 months now, so I'm positive I didn't install Tomighty with this spyware.

Any advice on what to do? Should I just reinstall?
agent-tesla-tomighty.png

adriant...@gmail.com

Feb 6, 2018, 11:29:29 PM2/6/18
to Tomighty
I have tried reinstalling Tomighty and Malwarebytes continues to flag it as agent tesla malware.

Tyler Moore

Feb 13, 2018, 2:18:42 PM2/13/18
to Tomighty
I just installed Tomighty a few days ago, ran a free MWB scan after seeing this. Came back clean for me, maybe your premium scan picked up something mine didn't, but maybe you're right and something hid itself inside the .exe. Good luck!