Running Timer When Screen Is Locked (Mac)

Zach

May 26, 2016, 8:47:49 AM5/26/16
to Tomighty
First, this is a great App! The way that it runs in the background from the Menu bar makes it easy and quick to start cycles and the options for customization is great. After experimenting with other methods to time cycles this is by far the best option available!

The one thing though that would really enhance the program (in addition to the already mentioned pause button) is being able to have a Pomodoro/Short Break/Long Break run while the Screen is locked. I don't know about the Windows version, but it won't work on my Mac. If I get up during a break and lock the screen the timer will run for a little bit, but when I come back and unlock the screen it is clear that the timer stopped running at some point. I don't know if that is because the computer went to sleep (I thought lock was not supposed to put the computer to sleep, but it appears that two are tied pretty closely together on Mac) but it would be great if the program could run even when the screen is locked as some other timers do. It effectively makes it so I can only use the program to time pomodoros, not breaks.

Any advice on what I can do would be appreciated, but I thought I would at least share if it is something that other users feel may make the program even stronger. Again, thanks for developing the program!