fuel tank sending unit for 48' tolly

bruceryan2018

Aug 24, 2019, 1:18:44 PM8/24/19
to Tollycraft Boating Club Forum
looking for information on diesel fuel sending unit on 300 gallon tank.tank is 38' deep.plus need to know what ohms i need.
1992 48 Tolly thanks Bruce Ryan  Fort Myers Fl

dav...@msn.com

Aug 24, 2019, 9:31:27 PM8/24/19
to Tollycraft Boating Club Forum
As an alternative fuel guage, you may want to look at http://tanktender.com/  Its easy to install and very accurate.  You just need a formula to convert inches of fuel to gallons which is dependent on the dimensions of your tank.  This is what I use on my 44.

Hal Read

Aug 26, 2019, 4:34:29 PM8/26/19
to Tollycraft Boating Club Forum
I bought and love KUS marine fuel sender. I have 1988 44’CPMY, 200 gal per side, by 30”tall tanks. had them make mine 29” tall. Dropped right in works great.
Kusauto.com
Hal Read

Rico Adams

Aug 29, 2019, 1:17:08 AM8/29/19
to Tollycraft Boating Club Forum
The tanks on my 48 have been replaced, and use a Wema brand sending unit. They work fine. Have pictures but not sure how to add them to this post.

Markings on top of sending unit are SSL 35 38
001308

Rico

Tollycraft Boating Club

Aug 30, 2019, 12:11:28 AM8/30/19
to Tollycraft Boating Club Forum
Hi Rico:

You can add photos to your post by clicking the icon to the left of "Link" in the menu bar.

Thanks for sharing your info and hope this helps.