Lazarette Hull vents for 44 CPMY

Eric Heatzig

Mar 22, 2020, 2:38:07 PM3/22/20
to Tollycraft Boating Club Forum
Hi, any idea where to find the 4.5 x 8.5 (approx) louvered rear hull vents ?
Eric

David Seres

Mar 22, 2020, 2:52:58 PM3/22/20
to Tollycraft Boating Club Forum
Hi Eric,

I have a 44 CPMY too and I find it very difficult to fine parts especially since Gordon Graham shut down his Resources International website.  However, I have experimented with 3D printing them.  Recently I needed to replace a small section of my sunroof rain gutter so I 3D printed it using the Xometry service below.  It was actually kind of fun and not too expensive.  They can make things out of many materials.  Here's some links to get you started in case you want to give it a try.

Dave

Tinkercad to design part (free, create an account to save your projects)

https://www.tinkercad.com/

Good tutorial on Tinkercad, watch all six parts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JFxtUIOnEI

3D printer reviews in case you want to make it yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJyb-B4v7pk

Example of use (copying a part)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJmkAngpRQg&t=68s

Online 3D printing service I’ve used, parts ready in about 2 weeks

https://www.xometry.com/