Which Tachometer for 454 Crusader Engines?

thewittmanns

Oct 26, 2019, 2:12:23 PM10/26/19
to Tollycraft Boating Club Forum
One of the tachometers on the fly-bridge of my 1988 40 Sundeck has a short and needs to be replaced.  The existing tach's are the original VDOs, but I could replace/upgrade them with another brand if that makes sense.  Do any of you have a recommendation?

thanks,

Bruce W.

Brian Edmondson

Oct 26, 2019, 4:48:35 PM10/26/19
to Tollycraft Boating Club Forum
I have not studied tachometers recently and that stuff changes all the time.  I would stick to a trusted, high quality brand and seek advice at Fisheries Supply.  My main concern would be to select a tachometer that will require NO modification to your boat.  It needs to fit neatly into the same holes as the old units.  I would personally also be VERY reluctant to use a tachometer that required a change in wiring.  Running wires in a boat is not fun.

Steve Kraus

Oct 27, 2019, 1:36:25 AM10/27/19
to Tollycraft Boating Club Forum
Pls see em re: AETNA TACH. Steve