southern.nights

Apr 25, 2022, 1:05:32 PM4/25/22
to Tollycraft Boating Club Forum
Anyone know where I can get wiper arms (3) pantographic contoured wiper arms?

mchb...@comcast.net

Apr 25, 2022, 1:24:33 PM4/25/22
to tollycraft-boa...@googlegroups.com
Sorry.  I don't.   MC
On 04/25/2022 1:05 PM southern.nights <souther...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Anyone know where I can get wiper arms (3) pantographic contoured wiper arms?

mc

Apr 25, 2022, 7:08:35 PM4/25/22
to tollycraft-boa...@googlegroups.com
Got mine from Fisheries Supply in Seattle.
Brand name changed but still same product.
Michelle

George Naumann

Apr 25, 2022, 7:56:16 PM4/25/22
to tollycraft-boa...@googlegroups.com

Sea-dog Line 413317-1 Adjustable Pantographic Wiper Arm - BZB Marine & RV (bzbproducts.com)

Not sure they will work for your configuration.  Good luck!

George Naumann | CEO
Private Valuations, Inc. | Appraisers & Valuation Consultants
2620 Bellevue Way NE, Suite 118, Bellevue, WA 98004
T 425.688.1700 | C 425.270.9304

gnau...@privatevaluations.com | www.privatevaluations.com

John Baudendistel

Apr 26, 2022, 12:45:00 AM4/26/22
to tollycraft-boa...@googlegroups.com
Search for my post.  AM EQuipment has everything to rebuild and fix the wipers for a 44.  She takes 28” Pantograph wipers.  I’m about to install my refurbished units and am adding wet wash.

Island Time refit: 44 cpmy

Lower Helm Windshield wiper rebuild:

Update with new photos.
So AM equipment has all the stuff you will need.

1. The pivot assembly.  AM Equipment part no: 304-1203.  $139.17 with shipping and tax for 3.

These are really nice units.  The shaft is SS, large nut SS, the cap nut is Brass, housing aluminum.  OEM was steel.

Minor negative:  the large washer and lock star under the acorn cap were steel.  I replaced the lock washer with SS.  The large washer I could not find in SS so I sanded the washer and painted it black.

On assembly I’ll use Tefgel generously in all the metal parts to prevent any corrosion issues.

2.  The Outside Pantograph adaptor for wet.  I’m adding water wash.  Part no: 200242 from Autorex $58.42 with shipping and tax for 3.  Req. an additional 1/8” hole.  Nice rubber gasket, brass water pipe, brass nut.

3.  On the center motor I’ve replaced the flat head screws with machine bolts.  These had to be loosened to get the motor assembly to “drop”.  See photo below where the screw driver is pointing.  Now I can use a wrench on it to reinstall it.

4.  Buy some spare pivot arm hardware clips from AM Equipment.  I lost a clip when it sprang off into the boat somewhere never to be seen again.

5. Buy 28” Pantograph arms for the  double flat pivot.   About $100-120 each for SS.  The wiper blades are 21”.

6.  I’ll install the washer bottle up under the fly bridge along with the pump.  Switch for wash is TBD.  The original setup was dry no wet wipers.

Hope this helps another.

John

lower helm windshield wipers.  Changing the pivot shafts and the outer hull assembly.

Update:

Hi Carl, so the port and starboard sides are straight forward.

1. First spray the hex bolts on the outside which are rusted with a PB Blaster penetrating Spray.  the 3/4” hex bolt and the pivot shaft.

2.  Second remove the 3/4” hex bolt to just where it will come off. Work it back and forth.

3. Use a Fein tool or similar to cut the shaft above the 3/4” nut.

4.  Remove the 3/4” nut.

5. Remove the two hex bolts.

6 the port and starboard motor can now be removed. As well as the motor will now drop inside the boat.

7. Now you can disassembly the pivot shaft from the motor. 3 11 mm bolts. I think. Plus a 14 mm nut in top of the drive motor.

8.  The pivot shaft and the outer hull pantograph parts can be ordered.  Use the same company you are getting your wiper system and blades from.

9.  The center motor is a problem getting it out.  I loosened the two flat head screws which hold the shaft assembly with pliers from the side.  It is hard to do but can be done.  Use sharp (grippy) newer long nose pliers.  Remove the starboard side screw it is easiest.  Loosen the port side.  There will be enough slack for the motor to come down.  Otherwise you will be disassembling half the upper cabinetry.

10.  I plan to replace the flat head screws with machine bolts so  I can easily reassemble it.

So that’s all for now.  Stay tuned for the parts list and the reinstall for those who have wipers.

John

Hi there.  So I’ve removed the motors and what was left of the pantograph pivot points from the outside of the boat.

Can someone shoot me a photo of a 40, 44, or 45 showing the lower windows and the position of each windshield wiper arm.  I have none.  Like any shot from the bow looking aft.

I need to know the park position for each window.  Do these wipers always go to the park position when you turn them off?

I’ll later post the replacement parts.

I’m looking at AM parts. Who Carrie’s this stuff.

Unless you know the part number for the United Technologies Systems. Pivot shaft assembly, and the pantograph part which mounts outside on the hull.

Thanks John

Thanks
John Baudendistel