I Want a Mail List

Ted/Edwin/Eadwine/Herendil

Oct 17, 2008, 5:53:50 PM10/17/08
to Tol Harndor
After much consideration, I have come to the conclusion that a mail
list is a better proposition than this forum. An ordinary Yahoo mail
list, of which I am subscribed to several, works fine and is free. How
about it? It's not as though you're likely to be snowed under with
mail. :)

Jeff Lynch

Oct 17, 2008, 7:16:24 PM10/17/08
to tolha...@googlegroups.com
Yeah Ted I want one too............but wait ......what does it all mean then Ted?
What would change and what would not?
Will we grt letters from hot blondes?
Huh?...pictures too? No? hmmmmmm......
Jeff ......from a welcome warmy......... swarmy and
 bloody well balmy Melbourne town on a Saturn's day

Ted/Edwin/Eadwine/Herendil

Oct 17, 2008, 7:40:19 PM10/17/08
to Tol Harndor
You would have to seek out your hot blondes and allow them to sub to
the list. Yahoo mail lists can be configured to accept picture
attachments or not as the list manager sees fit. Yeah, it's quite warm
up here too. Enjoy!
(We - Edwina Harvey and I - run the Australian Science Fiction
Bullsheet using a Yahoo mail list. It works well.)

On Oct 18, 10:16 am, "Jeff Lynch" <jeffreybly...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah Ted I want one too............but wait ......what does it all mean then
> Ted?
> What would change and what would not?
> Will we grt letters from hot blondes?
> Huh?...pictures too? No? hmmmmmm......
> Jeff ......from a welcome warmy......... swarmy and
>  bloody well balmy Melbourne town on a Saturn's day
>
> On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 8:53 AM, Ted/Edwin/Eadwine/Herendil <

Marayong

Oct 18, 2008, 4:27:10 AM10/18/08
to tolha...@googlegroups.com

Whether the yahoo mail list or another ... certainly better than what we
have at the moment .. sorry Michael.

As an alternative to yahoo, we could use tolharndor.org ... our own
website has software that allows the setting up of a mail list.

I just set one up to test with this and my hotmail addresses and it
works. Subscription to the list would be by email application to the
moderator ... that is, me.

The list I set up has the address: "tol...@tolharndor.org" ... anyone
who has been subscribed would email to that address and everyone on the
mail list would get a copy of the email.

If I set up a proper list I could name the list anything .. say
"li...@tolharndor.org".

There'd be no forum, no logging in (apart from me). Members would just
email the appropriate address once they have been subscribed.

Comments?

cheers,
David
--
Australian Linedance website of the year: Tamworth 2005,2007,2008
http://roots-boots.net mailto:dra...@roots-boots.net

Ted/Edwin/Eadwine/Herendil

Oct 18, 2008, 4:52:09 AM10/18/08
to Tol Harndor
As usual I couldn't post a reply to David.

I'd prefer a Yahoo or similar list but not so strongly that I'd object
to David setting one up. Incidentally I tried replying to David and
got the usual "can't post message".

On Oct 18, 8:53 am, "Ted/Edwin/Eadwine/Herendil"

Marayong

Oct 18, 2008, 5:01:18 AM10/18/08
to tolha...@googlegroups.com
Ted/Edwin/Eadwine/Herendil wrote:
> As usual I couldn't post a reply to David.

Naturally.

> I'd prefer a Yahoo or similar list but not so strongly that I'd object
> to David setting one up. Incidentally I tried replying to David and
> got the usual "can't post message".

I only mentioned it as another option that could be pursued. Anything is
better than all the trouble we have here!!!! :(

cheers,
David

Ted/Edwin/Eadwine/Herendil

Oct 18, 2008, 5:27:57 PM10/18/08
to Tol Harndor
OK. I propose the following: Set up a Yahoo mail list called (oddly
enough) "Tol Harndor", make Michael, David, Jeff, me and, if he's
still around, Peter moderators. I think there can be only one list
manager, but if more than one then the same list as the moderators. If
one - toss a coin? Everyone should be subbed to "receive all mail". If
they don't want all mail they shouldn't want to be subbed. To some
extent Yahoo advertise their mail lists but anyone and everyone
currently on this forum should be notified that it exists. Just what
to do with this forum I haven't considered, but I think the best
proposition is simply to abandon it. Probably, after a set period of
inactivity, Google will remove it. Oh, and allow posting of graphics
but not too many and small (preferably under 100 Kb) size. If your
picture is bigger find another home for it and post a link. I can
probably revivify geocities.com/tolharndor where 15 Mb are available
(though granted Yahoo have all rights to use but they'll do that on a
Yahoo mail list site anyway).

On Oct 18, 7:52 pm, "Ted/Edwin/Eadwine/Herendil"

Marayong

Oct 19, 2008, 1:04:57 AM10/19/08
to tolha...@googlegroups.com
Ted/Edwin/Eadwine/Herendil wrote:
> OK. I propose the following: Set up a Yahoo mail list called (oddly
> enough) "Tol Harndor", make Michael, David, Jeff, me and, if he's
> still around, Peter moderators. I think there can be only one list
> manager, but if more than one then the same list as the moderators.

Sounds reasonable to me.

> one - toss a coin? Everyone should be subbed to "receive all mail". If
> they don't want all mail they shouldn't want to be subbed.

Well that's how the current list is operated.

> currently on this forum should be notified that it exists. Just what
> to do with this forum I haven't considered, but I think the best
> proposition is simply to abandon it. Probably, after a set period of
> inactivity, Google will remove it.

Indeed ... and most likely.

> but not too many and small (preferably under 100 Kb) size. If your
> picture is bigger find another home for it and post a link. I can
> probably revivify geocities.com/tolharndor where 15 Mb are available

I have plenty of spare space on the Tol Harndor website. Something like
600M of unused disk space.

> (though granted Yahoo have all rights to use but they'll do that on a
> Yahoo mail list site anyway).

And anything posted to the TH website remains copyright of the author.
That would be a plus for using a mail list via the TH website ... there
is no transfer of copyright to the owner of the hardware.

A warning to anyone who wants to send fiction etc to members .. if you
do it via googlegroups or a yahoo mail list, you will loose copyright to
your own work.

cheers,
David

Jeff Lynch

Oct 19, 2008, 7:46:10 PM10/19/08
to tolha...@googlegroups.com
But wait Ted There's not more......you haven't told us(me) the advantages of this LIST!
Jeff

Ted/Edwin/Eadwine/Herendil

Oct 19, 2008, 8:09:18 PM10/19/08
to Tol Harndor
Mainly: you don't have to go and look at the list - it lands in your
mailbox. You then have the option of ignoring it or reading it, with
or without replying. If the list traffic tapers off you know it but
don't have to keep looking in case traffic suddenly picks up or
someone posts something you need to know. You might then want to post
a notice of the list's existence to alt.hotblondes - but DON'T!

On Oct 20, 10:46 am, "Jeff Lynch" <jeffreybly...@gmail.com> wrote:
> But wait Ted There's not more......you haven't told us(me) the advantages of
> this LIST!
> Jeff
>
> On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 8:53 AM, Ted/Edwin/Eadwine/Herendil <

Ted/Edwin/Eadwine/Herendil

Oct 19, 2008, 8:13:14 PM10/19/08
to Tol Harndor
Reply to David; here for the usual reason. David wrote:

>A warning to anyone who wants to send fiction etc to members .. if you
>do it via googlegroups or a yahoo mail list, you will loose copyright to
>your own work.

As you say, but as a rule list members see the email addresses of
other members who post (some even have an accessible list of members
but with Yahoo that's an option for the list managers) and you can
send your ms or picture to your own compiled list of members who might
want to see it.

On Oct 20, 10:46 am, "Jeff Lynch" <jeffreybly...@gmail.com> wrote:
> But wait Ted There's not more......you haven't told us(me) the advantages of
> this LIST!
> Jeff
>
> On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 8:53 AM, Ted/Edwin/Eadwine/Herendil <

Ted/Edwin/Eadwine/Herendil

Oct 19, 2008, 8:15:23 PM10/19/08
to Tol Harndor
Reply to David; here for the usual reason. David wrote:

>A warning to anyone who wants to send fiction etc to members .. if you
>do it via googlegroups or a yahoo mail list, you will loose copyright to
>your own work.

As you say, but as a rule list members see the email addresses of
other members who post (some even have an accessible list of members
but with Yahoo that's an option for the list managers) and you can
send your ms or picture to your own compiled list of members who might
want to see it.

On Oct 20, 10:46 am, "Jeff Lynch" <jeffreybly...@gmail.com> wrote:
> But wait Ted There's not more......you haven't told us(me) the advantages of
> this LIST!
> Jeff
>
> On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 8:53 AM, Ted/Edwin/Eadwine/Herendil <

David Powell

Oct 19, 2008, 8:23:31 PM10/19/08
to tolha...@googlegroups.com, Ted/Edwin/Eadwine/Herendil, Tol Harndor
Quoting Ted/Edwin/Eadwine/Herendil <blackhea...@gmail.com>:

> Mainly: you don't have to go and look at the list - it lands in your
> mailbox. You then have the option of ignoring it or reading it, with
> or without replying. If the list traffic tapers off you know it but
> don't have to keep looking in case traffic suddenly picks up or
> someone posts something you need to know. You might then want to post
> a notice of the list's existence to alt.hotblondes - but DON'T!

Errr, the default setting for the googlegroups list is to send copies
of all posts to the list to your mailbox. You have the additional
option of checking on the googlegroup's website.

Main advantages:
1. More reliable - less downtime and less lost posts.
2. More reliable - eliminate (hopefully) the problem of rejected posts
(eg Ted can't reply to any of my posts).

Main disadvantages:
1. Yahoo will acquire copyright of anything posted to a mailist hosted
on their site - which means JEFF DON'T POST ANY OF YOUR WORK TO THAT
LIST OR YOU WILL LOSE COPYRIGHT TO IT. If you later try to get it
published, Yahoo can sue you for breach of copyright, even tho' you
are the author. Ditto for anyone else.
2. Yahoo does mine the mail lists and hosted websites for anything
they can sell, photos, works of art and so forth.

Incidentally, both advantages are also true for the mail list I could
set up at tolharndor.org and the disadvantages do not apply there. The
only disadvantages ... well, I can't think of any. I'd have to be a
co-moderator (since the site is registered in my name & I have to
create it), but I can set anyone else up as a co-moderator as well,
with authority to subscribe and remove anyone. The list on
tolharndor.org would also be a strictly email list ... no logging onto
the forum to check posts (I could also set up a forum, if that was
needed).

cheers,
David

--
Australian Linedance website of the year: Tamworth 2005,2007

David Powell

Oct 20, 2008, 5:45:30 PM10/20/08
to tolha...@googlegroups.com
Quoting Ted/Edwin/Eadwine/Herendil <blackhea...@gmail.com>:

> Reply to David; here for the usual reason. David wrote:

Hence the desire to move!!!! :(

> As you say, but as a rule list members see the email addresses of
> other members who post (some even have an accessible list of members
> but with Yahoo that's an option for the list managers) and you can
> send your ms or picture to your own compiled list of members who might
> want to see it.

The list on tolharndor.org can be set up so email addresses of posters
are not displayed and only those with the group password can access
the members list.

Re the 2nd point ... true, I was just warning the artistic types (eg
Jeff) not to post to the yahoo list if we move there but send
personally. For all I know, googlegroups has the same "copyright
theft" policy.

cheers,
David

Ted/Edwin/Eadwine/Herendil

Oct 20, 2008, 6:30:50 PM10/20/08
to Tol Harndor
David wrote:

>Main advantages:
>1. More reliable - less downtime and less lost posts.
>2. More reliable - eliminate (hopefully) the problem of rejected posts
>(eg Ted can't reply to any of my posts).

>Main disadvantages:
>1. Yahoo will acquire copyright of anything posted to a mailist hosted
>on their site - which means JEFF DON'T POST ANY OF YOUR WORK TO THAT
>LIST OR YOU WILL LOSE COPYRIGHT TO IT. If you later try to get it
>published, Yahoo can sue you for breach of copyright, even tho' you
>are the author. Ditto for anyone else.
>2. Yahoo does mine the mail lists and hosted websites for anything
>they can sell, photos, works of art and so forth.

>Incidentally, both advantages are also true for the mail list I could
>set up at tolharndor.org and the disadvantages do not apply there. The
>only disadvantages ... well, I can't think of any. I'd have to be a
>co-moderator (since the site is registered in my name & I have to
>create it), but I can set anyone else up as a co-moderator as well,
>with authority to subscribe and remove anyone. The list on
>tolharndor.org would also be a strictly email list ... no logging onto
>the forum to check posts (I could also set up a forum, if that was
>needed).

Will you keep an archive if you set up the list? That would be a plus.
As for copyright, I don't see that that would be a problem. I would
not mind anything that I put there being taken by Yahoo, and I'd make
sure that nothing I did mind being taken ever got there. However I am
not averse to your setting up a mail list, although of the two mail
lists that I have managerial access to, the Yahoo list is easier to
manage than the gnu powered (whatever that is) list. What sort of list
would you set up.

A more relevant question: where is Michael and when will he return?

On Oct 20, 11:15 am, "Ted/Edwin/Eadwine/Herendil"

Marayong

Oct 22, 2008, 1:50:44 AM10/22/08
to tolha...@googlegroups.com, Ted/Edwin/Eadwine/Herendil
Ted/Edwin/Eadwine/Herendil wrote:
> Will you keep an archive if you set up the list? That would be a plus.

There is an archive function there, but no idea how to operate it. I've
not looked into it yet. How someone else would access it, I'm not sure,
but it does have a "public" and a "private" option.

> sure that nothing I did mind being taken ever got there. However I am
> not averse to your setting up a mail list, although of the two mail
> lists that I have managerial access to, the Yahoo list is easier to
> manage than the gnu powered (whatever that is) list. What sort of list
> would you set up.

It's Mailman 2.1.9, if that's any help. Google says it's a GNU package.

> A more relevant question: where is Michael and when will he return?

I can't answer that one.

Just as relevant ... is there anyone else out there?

If the list has devolved back to Jeff, Peter, Michael (when he's
around), you (Ted) and myself, we might as well go back to the original
email-style contact we had in the early days. I've not heard from anyone
else in a long time ... not a peep. Is there any way we can get a list
of current members from googlegroups? Or members who have posted within
the past year?

Going thru' my archive ... last posts were:

Wade - June 2007
Paul Frost - Jan 2007
Marie Hietala - Oct 2006
Jennifer (Shadowfax) - Sept 2006
Alison McLaren - Feb 2007
Christine Woodhams - March 2008 (before that early 2007)
Elise - April 2008 (before that early 2007)
Graham - May 2008 (before that May 2007)

No one else has posted since mid 2005. At least of the posts that got to me.

cheers,
David
--
Australian Linedance website of the year: Tamworth 2005,2007,2008

Ted/Edwin/Eadwine/Herendil

Oct 22, 2008, 5:03:14 AM10/22/08
to Tol Harndor
Replying to David:

Yes, it's a bit like the last Winnie The Pooh story: All the animals
gathered around to say goodbye to Christopher Robin, but in the course
of their brief farewell all the animals drifted off except for Pooh.
The farewell scene was touching, and I am reminded of our home because
I think we have something like the sixty something pine trees that
figured in that farewell. Nevertheless the faithful remain. Go ahead,
David. Set up a mail list, put yourself, Michael, Jeff, Peter and me
on it and we'll go from there. We could perhaps just leave this forum
in case one of those apparent deserters decides to return. I don't
mind looking in on it from time to time.

On Oct 21, 9:30 am, "Ted/Edwin/Eadwine/Herendil"

Christine Woodhams

Oct 22, 2008, 5:15:42 AM10/22/08
to tolha...@googlegroups.com
If we're migrating, I suppose I should let you know that I'm still here and still reading the emails- I just don't find anything to say! Count me in on any new system, and you never know, I might think of a relevant comment sometime :-)

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." - J.R.R. Tolkien.

Ted/Edwin/Eadwine/Herendil

Oct 22, 2008, 5:13:06 PM10/22/08
to Tol Harndor
Thanks, Christine. Your call, David.

On Oct 22, 8:15 pm, "Christine Woodhams" <chriswoodh...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> If we're migrating, I suppose I should let you know that I'm still here and
> still reading the emails- I just don't find anything to say! Count me in on
> any new system, and you never know, I might think of a relevant comment
> sometime :-)
>
> On 22/10/2008, Ted/Edwin/Eadwine/Herendil <blackheathkre...@gmail.com>
> --
> Christine E. Woodhams
> BA (Hons) Archeology, Grad Dip Applied Heritage Studies, Grad Dip Primary
> Education.

Michael

Oct 23, 2008, 6:34:28 AM10/23/08
to Tol Harndor
I'm here! I have been in NZ for work but back for a few days. I am
happy for us to move from this forum into something a little more user-
friendly.

On Oct 23, 8:13 am, "Ted/Edwin/Eadwine/Herendil"

Marayong

Oct 23, 2008, 7:54:02 AM10/23/08
to tolha...@googlegroups.com
G'day all,

As per the recent discussion I will set up a new list on the weekend and
will advise everyone as to the details once I have set it up.

Apart from Ted, Michael, Jeff, Peter & Christine ... if there's anyone
else out there who wishes to be transferred to the new list, please
email me ASAP and I will add you to the list. You will remain on the old
list (unless you unsubscribe there), so we will be able to hear you,
although you wont hear us since we'll be on another list.

Any suggestions for the name of the list?

Initial thought is: li...@tolharndor.org

Yay, nay?

The server that tolharndor is on has triply redundant backups for email,
so not only would the Sydney server have to be down but also the one in
London and the one in New York ... and if that's the case we'll have
more pressing worries than missing email .. like the end of the world or
the 2nd coming (which would be even more of a shock for the atheists
amongst us .. sorry Jeff, couldn't resist that one).

cheers,
David

Ted/Edwin/Eadwine/Herendil

Oct 23, 2008, 11:08:44 PM10/23/08
to Tol Harndor
Welcome back stranger :)

David, presumably you will set up the list and put the Famous Five
plus yourself (of course) on it. Will you make it known on this forum?
If so will you have a standard procedure for people to apply for
membership? After all more Tolkien fans could come out of the
woodwork. However, watch out for spammers. I just kicked two off the
Bullsheet mail list.

David Powell

Oct 23, 2008, 11:26:47 PM10/23/08
to tolha...@googlegroups.com, Ted/Edwin/Eadwine/Herendil, Tol Harndor
Quoting Ted/Edwin/Eadwine/Herendil <blackhea...@gmail.com>:

Another reason to move .... a post from Ted just arrived ... almost 24
hours after it was posted!

> David, presumably you will set up the list and put the Famous Five
> plus yourself (of course) on it. Will you make it known on this forum?

Have alredy done so .. and surprise, surprise, I actually got a copy
of the post so it must have worked.

> If so will you have a standard procedure for people to apply for
> membership? After all more Tolkien fans could come out of the
> woodwork. However, watch out for spammers. I just kicked two off the
> Bullsheet mail list.

At least initially subscription will be by the moderator only (email
me by request ... I have to put a note on the TH website as well),
even if it eventually gets opened up, subscription requests still have
to be approved before the person can post to the list.

Mind you, I think we really need to hear from Michael before we make
any move. I'll set the new list up on the weekend, but we probably
should wait until Michael gives the OK ... after all, he is the El
Presidente. :)

Christine's still around ... but is there anyone else out there????!!!

Ted ... can you get me a list of current subscribers to the
googlegroups TH list?

cheers,
David

--
Australian Linedance website of the year: Tamworth 2005,2007

dryad

Oct 24, 2008, 12:44:35 AM10/24/08
to tolha...@googlegroups.com
I'm still here too!!  :) Don't forget me...I have been reading posts but havent anything to say right now...job is on the way out and lots of pressures here including the upcoming Presidential change. sigh. I am vying for a new position teaching digital storytelling 4-wk courses...wish me luck!
sad in the states,
Elise McKenna

Oct 24, 2008, 6:34:51 PM10/24/08
to tolha...@googlegroups.com
A GNU (list)?

I'm a gnu, I'm a gnu How about you?
And Anothergnu? How d'you do How do you do, how do you do? ........
with Apologies(and profound thaks) to Flanders and Swan.n (sp?).......Ted will (at least) remember thse two.....I think and(profoundly) hope Eh Ted?
Yeah whre is bloody Michael............He's a worry these days I'm sure......
Love from WEst Brunswick.the Sci Fi wildwoods...................
Jeff
PS Flanders and Swann    circa 1959! (very) British!
Now tell me what I should NOT DO with my writings again David Deario?

Jeff Lynch

Oct 24, 2008, 6:36:16 PM10/24/08
to tolha...@googlegroups.com
End of the world on BBC
Now here is the...................................................................................
jeff

Jeff Lynch

Oct 24, 2008, 6:38:12 PM10/24/08
to tolha...@googlegroups.com
End of the world (part Two)

Announcement on the BBC.(after A.A. Milne)
Due to lack of interest..... the end of the world next week has been cancelled
jeff

Jeff Lynch

Oct 24, 2008, 6:57:46 PM10/24/08
to tolha...@googlegroups.com
End of the world (part Three)..that year!

On the BBC (again) ........
!!will be held at
Lower Nutting on the Lea upon Avon, to discuss
the end of the world.( most likely Thursday week!)......
(the meeting) will beheld promptly at 7.38 pm on Thursday next.....at the town Hall in Upper Nutting upon the Lea....Repeat Upper and not Lower Nutting!!!
We have double checked on this point!
...(in)..... the Supper Room  (which is to the left and at the back of the Hall).
The main speaker will be the visiting Australian  Prime MinisterThe Right Hon Mr Harold Holt PM.......this will be his last speaking engagement before he returns to Australia  Mr and Mrs George Breastbone....  from the leftover -on charismatic- and beating-Baptists of Guernsey Mill (Proper)  will introduce the right Hon and ask him to respond on their given timetable for the end of the world( most likely Thursday week!).....all are welcome to attend.....please to bring a plate for supper (last)
Joyce Grenfell says that she will likely attend the meeting! if the weather is not too awful!
BBC correspondent for upper Avon.
(jeff)

Ted/Edwin/Eadwine/Herendil

Oct 24, 2008, 8:20:41 PM10/24/08
to Tol Harndor
Hi Jeff.

Everyone here should at least know Swann - he wrote the tunes to the
songs in "The Road Goes Ever On".

David, I entirely approve of your plan. As far as I'm concerned, go
right ahead.

Ted/Edwin/Eadwine/Herendil

Oct 24, 2008, 8:32:31 PM10/24/08
to Tol Harndor
Reply to Elise. I tried replying to her and Google won't let me. :(

Hi Elise. I certainly have not forgotten you.
"... thou, light-wingèd Dryad of the trees,
In some melodious plot
Of beechen green, and shadows numberless,
Singest of summer in full-throated ease. "

I wish you luck, but what is digital storytelling? Speaking with your
fingers??

Regarding a list of current subscribers: click on "members" in the top
right of this page. That's all I can do.

Marayong

Oct 24, 2008, 9:20:17 PM10/24/08
to tolha...@googlegroups.com, Jeff Lynch
G'day Jeff,

> Now tell me what I should NOT DO with my writings again David Deario?

Since Michael's gone who knows where... Ted & I agreed to set up the
list on the TH website. That means you don't have to worry about what
you post. You'll get a welcome email with the details SOON.

The list is set up, I'm just adding subscribers to it.

dryad

Oct 25, 2008, 1:51:21 AM10/25/08
to tolha...@googlegroups.com
lol. beautiful poem!

Digital storytelling involves many fingers typing all at once even. lol Actually, I've been called for a second interview for Monday! yay!
Faery wishes on the wind
where will the hopes a-light?
Landing gently on seeded ground
there they flourish in delight.

:)

Oct 25, 2008, 6:44:09 PM10/25/08
to Tol Harndor

On Oct 25, 4:51 pm, dryad <dryad0...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> lol. beautiful poem!

Keats's Ode to a Nightingale. The last two lines of my presentation at
the seminar last year were the last two lines of that, and "Magic
Casements", the title of the four speculative fiction festivals held
by the NSW Writers' Centre, came from that poem.

> Digital storytelling involves many fingers typing all at once even. lol Actually, I've been called for a second interview for Monday! yay!
> Faery wishes on the wind
> where will the hopes a-light?
> Landing gently on seeded ground
> there they flourish in delight.
>
> :)

The wind blows out of the gates of the day
The wind blows over the lonely of heart
And the lonely of heart is withered away
Where the fairies dance in a place apart
Shaking their milk-white feet in a ring
Tossing their milk-white arms in the air
For they hear the wind laugh and murmur and sing
Of a land where even the old are fair
And even the wise are merry of tongue
But I heard a reed of Coolaney say
When the wind has laughed and murmured and sung
The lonely of heart is withered away.

W. B. Yeats' impression of fairies was not JRRT's, I suspect.

________________________________

Marayong

Oct 25, 2008, 9:49:37 PM10/25/08
to tolha...@googlegroups.com, Ted/Edwin/Eadwine/Herendil
G'day Ted,

No word from you ... are you getting anything from the new list?

cheers,
David

Ted/Edwin/Eadwine/Herendil

Oct 25, 2008, 9:54:45 PM10/25/08
to Tol Harndor
David wrote:

>G'day Ted,

>No word from you ... are you getting anything from the new list?

What did you use as my address? I should have told you (or did I?) I'm
no longer with Optus.

On Oct 26, 9:44 am, "Ted/Edwin/Eadwine/Herendil"

Marayong

Oct 25, 2008, 10:01:21 PM10/25/08
to tolha...@googlegroups.com, li...@tolharndor.org, Ted/Edwin/Eadwine/Herendil
G'day Ted,

I have your address as "blackhea...@gmail.com".

This is a concern .. I've gotten confirms from everyone except those
with gmail accounts.

I'm sending this to both lists and direct to you .. let me know how many
copies you get.

cheers,
David

Ted/Edwin/Eadwine/Herendil

Oct 25, 2008, 10:45:17 PM10/25/08
to Tol Harndor
To David:

blackheathkrenon at gmail dot com will do. Thanks. I'll send you my
two main addresses by email.

On Oct 26, 12:54 pm, "Ted/Edwin/Eadwine/Herendil"