HTTPS

dm.pa...@gmail.com

Jun 9, 2018, 12:50:47 PM6/9/18
to tol-calagator
Any way we can get this all running on HTTPS? We import events using the Calegator's atom feed, and Chrome blocks mixed content after we switched to HTTPS.

dm.pa...@gmail.com

Nov 10, 2018, 2:24:33 PM11/10/18
to tol-calagator
Wanted to check in on this. Anyone have any thoughts?

Patrick McSweeny

Nov 10, 2018, 2:33:05 PM11/10/18
to tol-ca...@googlegroups.com
I'm all for it. Jason, would you be able to make this happen?

Jason Slagle

Nov 10, 2018, 2:38:40 PM11/10/18
to tol-ca...@googlegroups.com
Yeah - I'll do it Moday with a LE cert.  It;'s trivial./

Jason

Patrick McSweeny

Nov 10, 2018, 2:41:59 PM11/10/18
to tol-ca...@googlegroups.com
Nice. I've got some ideas for updates to the code if you have time to work on that. Does anyone else have any ideas for improvements?

Jason Slagle

Nov 10, 2018, 2:43:41 PM11/10/18
to tol-ca...@googlegroups.com
Actually I can likely do it tomorrow - just in Florida for the day with really crappy inet so not gonna fight it.  Will be home tomorrow.

Jason

Patrick McSweeny

Nov 13, 2018, 10:47:01 AM11/13/18
to tol-ca...@googlegroups.com
Updates?

Jason Slagle

Nov 13, 2018, 10:55:17 AM11/13/18
to tol-ca...@googlegroups.com
Trying to figure out how to make le handle the ruby app.  Lemme poke again

Jason Slagle

Nov 13, 2018, 11:26:47 AM11/13/18
to tol-ca...@googlegroups.com
Should be good..  I'm not forcing https but it's supported.  I'll consider forcing later.

Jason

Patrick McSweeny

Nov 13, 2018, 1:32:43 PM11/13/18
to tol-ca...@googlegroups.com
Do you have a reason for not forcing HTTPS? It's pretty easy to do from the Rails side.

Jason Slagle

Nov 13, 2018, 1:33:28 PM11/13/18
to tol-ca...@googlegroups.com
No particular reason other than not wanting to mess with it on the nginx side :)

Jason

Chris Wammes

Feb 12, 2019, 6:42:17 PM2/12/19
to tol-calagator
Looks like the cert just expired on https://toledotechevents.org/

Jason Slagle

Feb 12, 2019, 8:22:19 PM2/12/19
to Tol Calagator
Dahell - certbot has been renewing it just fine.  Lemme look.

Jason Slagle

Feb 12, 2019, 8:25:10 PM2/12/19
to Tol Calagator
It's good - running certbot by hand renewed it.  I'll add it to my list of crap to do with the site (I want to try to get calagator updated, but we have a lot of local changes I'll need to work with Patrick on and I need to carve out a couple hours to deal with ruby gem hell^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Henvironment setup.

Jason

Chris Wammes

Feb 13, 2019, 10:10:02 AM2/13/19
to tol-ca...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jason, I only noticed because I was getting a new version of the Android app ready to put it in play store.

Chris Wammes

Jul 26, 2019, 8:17:01 AM7/26/19
to tol-calagator
Looks like the cert expired a few days ago
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tol-calagator+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Jason Slagle

Jul 26, 2019, 11:50:49 AM7/26/19
to Tol Calagator
I'll certbot renew when I get back to a PC.  I have it in Cron so no idea who it doesn't go automatically