TTE down

Keith Instone

Mar 31, 2017, 9:59:00 AM3/31/17
to tol-calagator
Getting this error message -

We're sorry, but something went wrong.

If you are the application owner check the logs for more information.

Patrick McSweeny

Mar 31, 2017, 2:37:24 PM3/31/17
to tol-ca...@googlegroups.com
I tried to take a look at the logs on the server but it looks like the production logs aren't being updated because of this error:

log writing failed. No space left on device @ io_write - /usr/home/calagator/public_html/prod/log/production.log

Jason, maybe this is why the app is crashing.

Patrick McSweeny

Mar 31, 2017, 2:53:56 PM3/31/17
to tol-ca...@googlegroups.com
I was able to free up some space by deleting some old files I had mistakenly uploaded to the wrong directory but the server will likely run out of hard disk space again soon.

Patrick McSweeny

Mar 31, 2017, 2:54:20 PM3/31/17
to tol-ca...@googlegroups.com
In other words, the site is back up but I don't know for how long.

Chris Wammes

Mar 31, 2017, 4:39:59 PM3/31/17
to tol-calagator
Thanks Pat.  Well that's one way to kill the spammers.

Chris
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tol-calagato...@googlegroups.com.

Jason Slagle

Apr 3, 2017, 9:04:38 AM4/3/17
to tol-calagator

I'll check drive space when I get in.

Jason

Stuart Bertsch

Apr 24, 2017, 3:33:40 PM4/24/17
to tol-ca...@googlegroups.com
Monday 4/24

image1.PNG

Jason Slagle

Apr 24, 2017, 3:51:33 PM4/24/17
to tol-ca...@googlegroups.com
Hrm!  Appears my DNS server is down.  I'll go kick it.

I need to finish migrating that DNS - I keep getting distracted.

On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 3:33 PM Stuart Bertsch <stuart...@gmail.com> wrote:
Monday 4/24

Sent from my iPhone

stuart bertsch

Apr 25, 2017, 2:44:54 PM4/25/17
to tol-ca...@googlegroups.com
I was wondering about how to keep more spam out...

Is it possible to modify the program (reasonably easily) to add a login fence but make it easy to request to be given credentials? We approve/disapprove requests. I'm thinking if we curate the list of people that are allowed to add events, we would kill the spam right there by only allowing people we can verify are local.

I know this is a big change, but I'm really getting annoyed with the amount of spam coming in lately and I think having a completely open system is getting to be a problem (just my opinion).

Thanks,

Stuart

----

On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 3:51 PM, Jason Slagle <jsl...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hrm!  Appears my DNS server is down.  I'll go kick it.

I need to finish migrating that DNS - I keep getting distracted.

On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 3:33 PM Stuart Bertsch <stuart...@gmail.com> wrote:
Monday 4/24

Sent from my iPhone

Jason Slagle

Chris Wammes

Patrick McSweeny

Apr 25, 2017, 3:22:31 PM4/25/17
to tol-ca...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I could add recaptcha.

stuart bertsch

Apr 25, 2017, 4:46:05 PM4/25/17
to tol-ca...@googlegroups.com
Cool. Let's add that and see if that kills the spam. It's hard to know if it's a bot or a person and that would at least kill the bots.

----

Chris Wammes

May 17, 2017, 3:11:14 PM5/17/17
to tol-calagator
TTE down again.  I can't load the website or the iOS app.

- Chris
Monday 4/24
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tol-calagato...@googlegroups.com.

Sent from my iPhone

Patrick McSweeny

May 17, 2017, 4:06:44 PM5/17/17
to tol-ca...@googlegroups.com
It appears to be working again.

Jason Slagle

May 17, 2017, 4:07:51 PM5/17/17
to tol-ca...@googlegroups.com
It's back.  I have 1 function on the old server that ran it - primary DNS.  I'm in the process of moving it.  The box is sick.

Secondary times out after 2 hours or so if the primary is down.

Both of the above need fixed.  It's on my todo.  ENOTIME.

Chris Wammes

May 17, 2017, 6:09:07 PM5/17/17
to tol-ca...@googlegroups.com
Cool, working for me now.