Laser Cutter temporarily out of order please do not try to use.

James Andrews

May 12, 2018, 3:04:08 AM5/12/18
to TokyoHackerSpace
Tuesday night Alex went to use the laser cutter and it wasn't working for him.  Wednesday night Akira as well tried to use the laser cutter and it wasn't working for him.

Turns out the end cap that cools the partial mirror where the laser exits the tube popped off it is traditionally kept on with some kind of silicon epoxy.   This ended up damaging the partial mirror  which now prevents the laser from exiting the tube.  Long story short we now need to replace the tube.  We will order one which will take a little time to arrive, when it does we'll install it and get the laser cutter working again.  I suspect 3 weeks of downtime.a

James Andrews

May 25, 2018, 11:09:33 AM5/25/18
to TokyoHackerSpace
Quick update.  We have a new tube, it is yet to be installed, will work on it as soon as possible.