flash freezing experiments in a demo industrial freezer?

Colin Rowat

Jul 27, 2022, 12:00:31 AM7/27/22
to TokyoHackerSpace
I've just had an offer to sneak "crazy secret recipes" into a demo industrial freezer, that can freeze 50kg of water from 5degC to -30 degC in 5 min.

Anyone interested?

Guesses/ideas so far:
  1. food: souffle, whipped cream, uncooked meringue... (yeah, yeah: beer and pizza)
  2. DRAM hacking: q.v.  https://www.ctvnews.ca/encryption-defeated-by-manipulation-researchers-1.278068
  3. silly putty: because silly putty
  4. tardigrades: see 'silly putty', above
  5. 3D printing with water: use a syringe as a pen
  6. video documenting: apparently the GoPro 9 can operate down to -25degC.  I think that the high-altitude ballooning solution is to keep the batteries warm.
This seems a particularly appropriate time of year to think about such things,

Colin