Metropolitan Area Outer Underground Discharge Channel

Boldizsár Kiss

Oct 15, 2018, 4:55:45 PM10/15/18
to TokyoHackerSpace
Hi All,

I'm (29/m, member of H.A.C.K) going to visit Tokyo with one of my friend (30/m, trusty engineering nerd) in late October / early November, and we would love to check out the Metropolitan Area Outer Underground Discharge Channel. Unfortunately none of us speaks japanese good enough to attend it on our own, so, I was wondering if somebody from THS could accompany us for this trip? Ideally the trip would be on 1st Nov, or 3rd Nov, but obviously we are ready to adapt, just as compensating you for your efforts.

Thanks,
Boldi

Kalin KOZHUHAROV

Oct 16, 2018, 4:32:03 AM10/16/18
to tokyohac...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 10:55 PM Boldizsár Kiss <boldi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm (29/m, member of H.A.C.K) going to visit Tokyo with one of my friend (30/m, trusty engineering nerd) in late October / early November, and we would love to check out the Metropolitan Area Outer Underground Discharge Channel. Unfortunately none of us speaks japanese good enough to attend it on our own, so, I was wondering if somebody from THS could accompany us for this trip? Ideally the trip would be on 1st Nov, or 3rd Nov, but obviously we are ready to adapt, just as compensating you for your efforts.

I am not in Tokyo these days, but did you check the site and download
the apps (in English as well):
http://www.ktr.mlit.go.jp/edogawa/gaikaku/english/index.html
brochure: http://www.ktr.mlit.go.jp/edogawa/edogawa00672.html

Cheers,
Kalin.

Boldizsár Kiss

Oct 16, 2018, 6:13:26 AM10/16/18
to tokyohac...@googlegroups.com
I've seen the docs, but I haven't checked the app yet, thanks for the idea.

That being said, I'm not really concerned about not understanding the trivia and stuff, rather about the 'Explanation and guidance will be provided verbally in Japanese. For safety management, groups will need individuals who can understand the explanation given by the guide (translators for foreign languages and sign languages, etc.).' part here, which is repeated on the registration form as well.)

I'm not sure how strict this rule is though. I found this on Reddit, but it is not too convincing :P

--
このメールは Google グループのグループ「TokyoHackerSpace」の登録者に送られています。

MRE

Oct 19, 2018, 1:37:45 AM10/19/18
to TokyoHackerSpace
Hi there.
I've been there oncce, but my friend was 'managing' everything for me.
You might try hitting up people on our Google group as a lot more people actively watch that.