Checksum on three TokuDB System

vinoth kumar ramachandran

Sep 17, 2015, 5:09:41 PM9/17/15
to tokudb-user

Hi Team,

Our team is using TokuDB : version  | 5.5.41-tokudb-7.5.5.

we are loading data to three systems. we want to setup data validation process to make sure the data correctness. Looking for best suggestions.

we want to make sure the following

---1.      Record count

---2.      Checksum

Data load Approach

File1 ===> System1: stage table ===> System 1: target table

File1 ===> System2: stage table ===> System 2: target table

File1 ===> System3: stage table ===> System 3: target table

Thanks,

Vinoth

Phil

Sep 17, 2015, 6:58:41 PM9/17/15
to tokudb-user
Are they replicas of each other?  If you set them up using MySQL replication you can then use percona's pt-table-checksum/pt-table-sync tools to check the consistency.

Phil

vinoth kumar ramachandran

Sep 23, 2015, 5:13:52 PM9/23/15
to Phil, tokudb-user
Is there any other solution without MySQL replication?  Our Setup is like primary, HA and DR.

Phil

Sep 25, 2015, 6:47:35 AM9/25/15
to tokudb-user, philc...@gmail.com
If you're not using replication, how are you getting data from primary into the HA and DR databases?

Phil

vinoth kumar ramachandran

Sep 25, 2015, 1:16:58 PM9/25/15
to Phil, tokudb-user
We have separate ETL jobs to DR and HA server. Same source file is used to load the data into 3 hosts.

Thanks,
Vinoth

Phil

Sep 25, 2015, 8:13:16 PM9/25/15
to tokudb-user, philc...@gmail.com
Fair enough.  I THINK you can still use percona toolkit to sync between non-replicating databases using pt-table-checksum or pt-table-sync.  Have a look.

But if the data is not changing once it is loaded in, why the concern about checksum?  If you ARE changing the data after its loaded in, why not use replication?

Phil