Upgrading from Maria/TokuDB to Percona Server

Mathieu Longtin

Sep 8, 2015, 4:43:27 PM9/8/15
to tokudb-user
I just tested starting the latest Percona Server on a directory that used to run the last MariaDB/TokuDB build (7.5.5). The server only had TokuDB tables, no InnoDB tables. It also had replication.

I had to remove the following setup line, as Percona doesn't like running without InnoDB:
   innodb=OFF

After starting the first time, you need to run "mysql_upgrade" and restart.

Everything seems to work, including the replication.

There is a warning about timestamp defaults:

2015-09-08 16:31:56 0 [Warning] TIMESTAMP with implicit DEFAULT value is deprecated. Please use --explicit_defaults_for_timestamp server option (see documentation for more details).

Which I'm not sure how to fix, since the only tables with "timestamp" types are in the mysql and performance_schema.

So the good news is, it seems to just works. I'm glad,
--
Mathieu Longtin
1-514-803-8977

Dmitry K

Sep 9, 2015, 5:06:59 PM9/9/15
to tokudb-user
Thank you Mathieu! It sounds very reassuring :)
What was your MariaDB version, 5.5?
And you migrated to percona 5.6?

--
Dmitry

Mathieu Longtin

Sep 10, 2015, 9:22:58 AM9/10/15
to Dmitry K, tokudb-user
I started from: 5.5.41-tokudb-7.5.5-MariaDB MariaDB Server
Ended up with:5.6.25-73.1-log Percona Server (GPL), Release 73.1, Revision 07b797f with tokudb-7.5.8 installed.

Mathieu Longtin
1-514-803-8977
Message has been deleted

Dmitry K

Sep 10, 2015, 3:58:07 PM9/10/15
to tokudb-user
Got it working!
For some reason it didn't complain about some outdated server variables in my.cnf - just kept quitting without any error, had to go thru manually...

--
Dmitry

Mathieu Longtin

Sep 10, 2015, 4:26:47 PM9/10/15
to Dmitry K, tokudb-user
I had the same thing with Innodb=off. It would just quit.
Mathieu Longtin
1-514-803-8977

Dmitry K

Sep 10, 2015, 4:50:16 PM9/10/15