How to combine TokuDB with MySQL Community 5.6.14

Louis Hust

Sep 14, 2015, 11:39:47 AM9/14/15
to tokudb-user
Hi, all,

We have used mysql community server 5.6.14 for some time,
and we want to test TokuDB based on 5.6.14, so how can i just
install tokudb as a plugin?

but it does not work for that.

Can anyone help me?

Reinis Rozitis

Sep 15, 2015, 9:33:00 AM9/15/15
to Louis Hust, tokudb-user
> We have used mysql community server 5.6.14 for some time,
> and we want to test TokuDB based on 5.6.14, so how can i just
> install tokudb as a plugin?

It is probably more easy to use either Percona 5.6.x or Mariadb 10.0.x
(since Percona doesn’t provide (open)Suse packages personally I use Maria)
where the plugin is already built into.

Both are based on MySQL 5.6.x and are more or less drop-in replacements:

https://downloads.mariadb.org/mariadb/10.0.21/
https://www.percona.com/downloads/Percona-Server-5.6/LATEST/

rr

Vadim Tkachenko

Sep 15, 2015, 10:08:38 AM9/15/15
to tokudb-user
Louis,

The most recent version of TokuDB is compatible with Percona Server only.
MariaDB also does porting of TokuDB to their server.