Is there any document about how to program the fractal tree (perconaFT or ft-index) library

zhiyuan yang

Sep 25, 2015, 4:20:06 PM9/25/15
to tokudb-user
Hi,

I'm going to do some in-depth analysis about fractal tree as a key-value storage. But it seems this library is only used as a storage engine of mysql or mariaDB. After searching google and Github of Percona or Tokutek, I didn't find any document about how to program the fractal tree. Where can I get some document about this? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
Zhiyuan

zhiyuan yang

Sep 27, 2015, 11:33:05 PM9/27/15
to tokudb-user
Never mind, find the interface is compatible to Berkeley DB, will refer to Berkeley DB document.

George Lorch

Sep 28, 2015, 11:05:20 AM9/28/15
to tokudb-user
Yes, it is BDB basic API with many extensions for manipulating the FT behavior through the API. Some portions of the test suite use the API exclusively and can be seen as examples. The Percona Server for MongoDB product also uses it for its storage engine.

Zhiyuan Yang

Sep 28, 2015, 12:07:59 PM9/28/15
to George Lorch, tokudb-user
It took me quite a while to know this because I am not familiar with Berkeley DB. I learnt this only from a comment line...

Sent from my iPhone

Bohu TANG

Oct 3, 2015, 9:27:45 AM10/3/15
to tokudb-user, george...@percona.com