Huge Commit on TokuDB - Question

vinoth kumar ramachandran

Sep 15, 2015, 3:40:26 PM9/15/15
to tokudb-user

Hi there,

I have few questions on tokudb.  Please help to clarify.

TokuDB : version  | 5.5.41-tokudb-7.5.5

One of my ETL job is deleting and Inserting huge data in TokuDB. When committing step is happening, my other transitions (or other table query) are taking lots of time or not responding.

Is there any system variable can control this  or any suggestions on this?

Thanks,

Vinoth

Abdelhak Errami

Sep 16, 2015, 8:47:03 AM9/16/15
to vinoth kumar ramachandran, tokudb-user
The slowness that you are experiencing is caused by the garbage in FTs, I will suggest partitioning instead, deleting a partition will be fast and it will not cause  any side effects.

Abdelhak Errami
Support Engineer
Tokutek