Unit Test "Variations" with Spock tests

Isaiah Schultz

Jul 20, 2018, 9:37:35 AM7/20/18
to togglz-users
I can't seem to find anyone talking about this elsewhere on the web, but has anyone tried implementing the feature variations functionality using Spock (groovy) tests? I have a pretty large existing test suite that I'd love to run with a feature "on" and "off", but I reeeeeally don't want to have update each test to try each state manually... I'm talking hundreds of tests...

Does anyone have any thoughts, tricks?

Isaiah Schultz

Jul 20, 2018, 9:42:30 AM7/20/18
to togglz-users
I did try just running it with the FeatureVariation runner, but it wouldn't find any tests without the @Test annotation, and even though its decidedly NOT spock-like, I tried adding the @Test annotations, but things started blowing up. Before I started diving too far down the rabbit hole, I wanted to see if folks here had any ideas.