Togglz Admin console - USability tab

mandeep sah

Dec 13, 2016, 2:11:58 PM12/13/16
to togglz-users
I cant seem to get the "Usability" Tab on Admin console. Am i missing anything?

Christian Kaltepoth

Dec 14, 2016, 8:53:45 AM12/14/16
to togglz...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The console renders additional tabs if "feature groups" are used within you feature definitions.

See this part of the documentation for details:

Christian

I cant seem to get the "Usability" Tab on Admin console. Am i missing anything?

mandeep sah

Dec 14, 2016, 10:18:16 AM12/14/16
to togglz-users
Thanks for pointer!

mandeep sah

Dec 14, 2016, 1:53:39 PM12/14/16
to togglz-users
Quick question: what is the usage of the additional tab? I can see the same group in the All Features and perform all the actions.

Christian Kaltepoth

Dec 14, 2016, 2:37:08 PM12/14/16
to togglz...@googlegroups.com
It's just for categorization. It's very handy if you have a large number of features. In this case you can quickly navigate to a certain group of features using these tabs.

mandeep sah

Dec 14, 2016, 4:43:40 PM12/14/16
to togglz-users
Got it, so this is for a FeatureGroup which has multiple features. Thats cool. Great work by the way and thanks a lot for publishing this, it is very helpful!

Naveen K

Sep 4, 2018, 2:06:39 PM9/4/18
to togglz-users
Were you able to get FeatureGroup working.  Somehow, admin UI is not showing the feature groups. With FeatureGroup , if I add flags in application.properties it is still showing as "All Features" (Not as groups). Can you please post some working example for FeatureGroup

1. Do we still need to add the flags in application.properties?

public enum TestFeatureEnum implements Feature {

@Label("Enable Feature 1")
@TestFeatureGroup

FEATURE_1,

@Label("Enable Geo Filter")
         FILTER;
public boolean isActive() {
return FeatureContext.getFeatureManager().isActive(this);
}
}

TestFeatureGroup.java

@FeatureGroup
@Label("Performance Improvements")
@Target(ElementType.FIELD)
@Retention(RetentionPolicy.RUNTIME)
public @interface TestFeatureGroup {
// no content
}

Naveen K

Sep 4, 2018, 2:10:05 PM9/4/18
to togglz-users
Hi Christian,

I am trying to get FeatureGroup working.  Somehow, admin UI is not showing the feature groups. With FeatureGroup , if I add flags in application.properties it is still showing as "All Features" (Not as groups). If I don't add in application.properties, console NOT showing any flags at all.  Can you please post some working example for FeatureGroup

1. Do we still need to add the flags in application.properties?

Below is sample. Let me know if  I miss anything.