togglz-console: logging/audit

Mark Madine

Apr 8, 2014, 10:12:38 AM4/8/14
to togglz...@googlegroups.com
Does togglz have the ability to log changes made via the togglz-console?

I would like to know who enabled/disabled a feature toggle etc......

Mark.

Christian Kaltepoth

Apr 9, 2014, 10:39:40 AM4/9/14
to togglz...@googlegroups.com
Hey Mark,

no, there is no logging for this at the moment. But you can implement something like this very very easy by creating a StateRepository wrapper that logs calls to setFeatureState(). I'm talking about something like CachingStateRepository. Just used for logging instead of caching. ;)

Christian

William Fujioka

May 11, 2017, 9:07:20 AM5/11/17
to togglz-users
Hi Christian,

I just wanted to revisit this topic and ask about if it's possible to audit feature changes via from the togglz-console to the either a Togglz table or a separate audit table.

Thank you!

Will

Christian Kaltepoth

May 11, 2017, 12:29:15 PM5/11/17
to togglz...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

No, there is no native support for such notifications implemented yet. But as mentioned in my previous reply you can achieve something like that very easily by implementing a simple state repository wrapper. Then you wrapper will be called every time #setFeatureState() is called and you can do whatever you want with this information.

Christian

William Fujioka

May 13, 2017, 9:25:32 PM5/13/17
to togglz-users