Calculator compile OK but nothing appears on screen

birdsail

Dec 6, 2012, 8:20:15 AM12/6/12
to tocoll...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am trying to run the Caculator using NetBeans 7.2 with the GWT plugin and the latest GWT version.

Everything compiles  OK but when I run I get nothing on the screen.

Here is the whole structure going to www.skydrive.live.com:

password:worldwind2

Download  the public directory, it contains everything.

Thank you in advance for your help, I am a newbe

Roland

Jeff Dwyer

Dec 6, 2012, 8:45:34 PM12/6/12
to tocoll...@googlegroups.com
Hey Roland.
The book covers GWT 1.5 (which was the latest at the time). It looks like the latest version is 2.5, so I think you should start with https://developers.google.com/web-toolkit/doc/latest/DevGuide to get up to speed. Hopefully the general app design concepts are still relevant, but there's been a bunch of changes so I wouldn't start from the source code in the book today.
-Jeff