Re: OT: Android management

Graham Nye

Jan 9, 2018, 4:48:29 PM1/9/18
On 2018-01-09 21:10, Chris Whelan wrote:
> newshound wrote:
>
>> I've managed to get something on my Moto G5 (android 7) which mucks
>> around with power management in the background when I open the phone
>> from standby. Apart from also popping up adverts for other (useless)
>> apps, it turns off bluetooth and wifi when it thinks the battery is a
>> bit low, which can be a PITA.

Some of this (though not the adverts) sounds like the battery saver on
a Moto. I have an older model; instructions for your model are at:
https://motorola-global-en-uk.custhelp.com/app/home/device/motorola/moto-g5/topic/battery/battery-saving-mode/1

>> Can anyone recommend an app to help me find what is doing this, so that
>> I can uninstall it?. The couple of startup managers which I have looked
>> at seem to be useless.
>
> Why not just reset it to factory defaults and start again?

That seems like a straightforward option. If you have the phone logged
in to a Google account, logging back in after the reset should drag various
settings back again.

--
Graham Nye
news(a)thenyes.org.uk

Andy Burns

Jan 9, 2018, 4:51:21 PM1/9/18
Graham Nye wrote:

>> Why not just reset it to factory defaults and start again?
>
> That seems like a straightforward option. If you have the phone logged
> in to a Google account, logging back in after the reset should drag various
> settings back again.

Including the option of re-installing all the existing apps, which could
be counter-productive in this case,.