A tool to solve the following problem

Reindeer

May 2, 2009, 5:26:24 PM5/2/09
to Gmail Request Feature
I currently forward my work email to my gmail account. Unfortunately
emails from, say JohnDoe, arrives as a forwarded email under my name,
not JohnDoe's. Hence if I want to reply I first have to cut and paste
JohnDoe's email address.

I can't see any setting in my work's antiquated email system which
will allow me to send messages under JohnDoe's name. They don't have a
pop server either.

I have registered my work account in gmail.

I need a tool where I can read forwarded messages from the original
sender.

Surranó

May 15, 2009, 5:26:29 AM5/15/09
to Gmail Request Feature
Maybe you should try connecting to GMail using IMAP and uploading the
emails instead of forwarding them.