how to import a tree which is not in the compact format

José Ribeiro

Oct 25, 2020, 5:38:52 PM10/25/20
to TNT-Tree Analysis using New Technology
Hello everyone, would you mind helping me with this issue. I want to calculate SPR differences among some trees. Some of them will be estimated in TNT but others will be  imported into TNT in the nexus format or whatever other. Using the command short, one can just import trees in the compact format. How about the other formats? Is it possible with any command? Thank you in advance.

Miguel Moreno-Azanza

Oct 26, 2020, 6:52:17 AM10/26/20
to tnt-tree-analysis-using-new-technology
You can use an * to save in parenthetical format

Tsave* filename.tre; save; tsave/;

Should do the trick.

--
Has recibido este mensaje porque estás suscrito al grupo "TNT-Tree Analysis using New Technology" de Grupos de Google.
Para cancelar la suscripción a este grupo y dejar de recibir sus mensajes, envía un correo electrónico a tnt-tree-analysis-using-n...@googlegroups.com.

EAscarrunz

Nov 2, 2020, 1:07:18 PM11/2/20
to TNT-Tree Analysis using New Technology
The most recent versions of TNT can read trees in the Newick format using this command:
```
proc [ <filename>;
```
Also, note that you must have a matrix in memory with all the species names that you are going to use before reading trees in any format.

José Ribeiro

Dec 28, 2020, 6:39:28 AM12/28/20
to TNT-Tree Analysis using New Technology
Thank you so much.