How to read character changes from TNT

Farah Aidil Fitri

Apr 29, 2021, 12:41:28 PM4/29/21
to TNT-Tree Analysis using New Technology
Hi all,
I am trying to look for the synapomorphic characters from to relate with the node from the tree I produced in TNT. However I couldn't find the correct way of interpreting the data that I have. What does the 1 -> 01 meant? I do not think it relates with the character states that I build to come to this analysis.
Would anyone be so generous as to explain how to interpret this data?

Example:
Char. 21 (3 steps)
     Root: 1
     Node 35: 1 -> 01
     A_V : 01 -> 0
     Node 48: 01 -> 1
     Node 50: 01 -> 0
     Node 38: 01 -> 0
     Node 46: 01 -> 1

Thank you.

EAscarrunz

May 12, 2021, 8:23:23 PM5/12/21
to TNT-Tree Analysis using New Technology
1 -> 01 means a transition from state 1 to state 0 or 1, because both alternatives are equally parsimonious.