TNG, Baltimore Important Announcement

The Next Generation Baltimore

Nov 11, 2009, 10:30:05 AM11/11/09
to tngbal...@googlegroups.com

Please Read: Important Announcement

The Next Generation, Baltimore has been changing a lot lately.  We've had lots of new faces, amazing parties, and a great turnout at our happy hours.  Things couldn't be going any smoother.  However, the larger the group gets, the more we feel we have a responsibility to each of our members to present the kink community in the safest way possible.  After a lot of thought, the TNG, Baltimore Steering Committee has decided to make a few changes that we feel will be in the best interest of the group.

1. TNG, Baltimore parties will be members and guests only (STARTING 2010!!!).  If you aren't a TNG, Baltimore member or the guest of a member, you won't be allowed in.  YOU MUST BRING YOUR MEMBERSHIP CARD. Why the change?  Safety and privacy are our two major concerns.  Thus far, we've been flying in good faith, but the larger the group gets, the more of a concern it becomes who is admitted to our events.  This does not affect happy hours, only private parties and events.

2. TNG, Baltimore has decided to create a membership system.  In order to become a TNG, Baltimore member you need to sign a waiver that states you are comfortable being in an environment where consenting adults may engage in BDSM and/or sexual activities.  Why?  We think this one is pretty obvious, but we have to cover ourselves.  What we do walks a fine legal line.  All of us love this group and we would hate to see it disappear because of something that could have been handled early on.  Along with the waiver, we are creating a packet with basic information and resources about BDSM that will be available to our new members.

3. Starting in 2010, TNG, Baltimore will have an annual membership fee of $5.  Whoa, where did that come from?  This is the tricky part.  We want to make this group as fun and inexpensive as possible.  The only reason we want to include an annual fee is so that we can bring our members all the fun reciprocal benefits that some of the other lifestyle groups enjoy.  We're working on providing discounts to educational classes, local stores, kink websites, and national events simply by being a TNG, Baltimore member.  In order to do so, we have to be a group with an annual membership fee.  We purposely made it as cheap as possible because we don't want cost to be the reason you decide not to join.  Let's put it in perspective here: some of us spend $5 at McDonalds everyday.  That being said, if the cost of the annual membership is a major concern, contact one of the Steering Committee members to discuss other options.

4. TNG, Baltimore membership will be restricted to people between 19 and 35 years of age.  If you are partners or friends with someone who is over our age limit, they are more than welcome to attend our events as your guest.  The more the merrier!  Please remember that your guests are your responsibility. If your guest behaves inappropriately, the consequences will fall on you.  Happy hours take place in a public space and therefore are open to anyone who wishes to attend.

If you are turning 35 soon and you are concerned about your membership, keep this in mind: if you've been coming to parties and events this whole time then I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding one of your friends who is a current member to bring you as a guest.

We will be sending you more information once the details have been worked out, but we wanted to inform you of the upcoming changes.  As always, if you have questions or concerns, feel free to contact a Steering Committee member or email us at TNGBal...@gmail.com.  And keep your calendars clear for November 14th, our next play party!

Sincerely,

TNG, Baltimore

Steering Committee Members

Samantha, Susann, Jaki, Darian and Ahleah