Re: Federal judge rejects request to block TN ban on gender-affirming care

Biden loses again

Sep 29, 2023, 9:45:04 PM9/29/23
On 05 Jul 2023, Eli Carter <now...@protonmail.com> posted some
news:u846db$iln4$6...@dont-email.me:

> I'm a loser again.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – Tennessee’s law banning gender-affirming care
for young people will stay in effect.

The Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals Thursday rejected a request from
families and medical providers to block the ban.

A release from the ACLU of Tennessee said the ruling comes after an
earlier ruling by the Appeals Court that rejected a stay request to block
enforcement of the law which took effect in July 2023.

Mom of trans teen moving out of Tennessee after new law banning gender-
affirming care
The law bars minors from transgender therapies like hormone blockers and
surgeries. It also requires youth currently receiving gender-affirming
care to stop receiving the care by March 31, 2024.

Lambda Legal, the American Civil Liberties Union, the ACLU of Tennessee,
and Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP issued the following joint
statement:

“This is a devastating result for transgender youth and their families in
Tennessee and across the region. The disastrous impact of Tennessee’s law
and all others like it has already been felt in thousands of homes and
communities. Denying transgender youth equality before the law and
needlessly withholding the necessary medical care their families and their
doctors know is right for them has caused and will continue to cause
serious harm. We are assessing our next steps and will take further action
in defense of our clients and the constitutional rights of transgender
people in Tennessee and across the country.”

Read the latest from the TN State Capitol Newsroom
In April 2023, the four organizations above filed a lawsuit opposing the
law on behalf of Samantha and Brian Williams of Nashville and their 15-
year-old daughter, as well as two other anonymous families and Dr. Susan
N. Lacy.

https://www.wkrn.com/news/tennessee-politics/federal-judge-rejects-
request-to-block-tn-ban-on-gender-affirming-care/