Group Revival Meeting

Simeon Jackson

May 10, 2011, 6:26:00 PM5/10/11
to tn-ec...@googlegroups.com
Dear Folks,

If you were at the discussion at Aladdin's Cafe on 12th April, you may remember me proposing the reviving of the Economy and Business group. It was also suggested that it be renamed Economy and Livelihoods. Christine has now added the email addresses of those who showed an interest at that session to this group, so hopefully I am now writing to all those interested, as well as those who have shown an interest in this group in the past.

I would like to propose that we have our first revival meeting in a couple of weeks time, one evening at 6pm (or earlier if on the Friday). To determine which day is best for as many people as possible, please go to http://www.doodle.com/phv2dutfcxp9inz3 and submit your availability. The location will be somewhere in central Norwich, yet to be decided, but possibly Aladdin's Cafe.  Could you please submit by 16th May, as I'm writing a blog post for Transition Norwich's Blog in which I want to announce the date of this meeting, so want to have it confirmed then.

If there is an agenda for the group, I think it should be "to establish what our requirements are (as people) for a monetary (or other exchange) system, and to try to shift from the current paradigm towards something which more satisfactorily meets those requirements."  This covers all multitude of other agendas which may pop up within this theme group, such as local currencies, local business stimulus and education.  I propose it to you now so that we can all start thinking about the questions it raises, and therefore have lots of suggestions when it comes to the meeting!

Remember that you can always send a message out to the group by emailing tn-ec...@googlegroups.com.  Number of members currently: 59. Archives are kept at http://groups.google.com/group/tn-economy/about, so if you want to read up on the kind of things that were discussed back in 2009, head over there!

Kind regards,

Simeon Jackson (NOT the footballer!)

Simeon Jackson

May 17, 2011, 9:27:03 AM5/17/11
to tn-ec...@googlegroups.com
Hello again,

Thanks for those who have responded to the Doodle.  I can now confirm that the date will be next Tuesday 24th May, at 6pm, upstairs in The Bicycle Shop. Note that it is the Bicycle Shop and NOT Aladdin's Cafe. Watch out for my blog article on the TN blog tomorrow with a few of my thoughts on the subject!

Kind regards,

Simeon Jackson