Re: Miyoo - a Norfolk sharing website

1 view

Tully Wakeman

Dec 7, 2009, 7:16:53 AM12/7/09
to tn-ec...@googlegroups.com
Dear economics group (and others...)

I thought some of you might be interested in this email which I received from Dan Metcalfe, who has set up a website to facilitate sharing things.
Personally I'm not sure that the web is the best way to arrange sharing, but some of you may see the place for this.
If anyone would like to meet Dan or continue the conversation with him, please do contact him.
best wishes
Tully

From: Dan Metcalfe <d...@miyoo.com>
Date: 2009/12/2
Subject: Miyoo - a Norfolk sharing website

Hi

I've been following all the great work being done by Transition Norwich and noticed that you all run some neighbourhood groups.

Over the last 2 years, we've been putting together a website to encourage people to change their ways of behaving around material possessions, encouraging more sharing and joint ownership.

We've been working with UEA (no our emails have not been stolen) to look at how more shared use of material goods can significantly reduce carbon emissions and also promote a more sustainable future.

Now I'm just launching the website, and would be extremely grateful for the opportunity to come and talk to you about it and get your reactions about what you think might be good or bad, and whether it could help Transition Norwich and you all to achieve what you are trying to do.

The website's called www.miyoo.com, ...  I could easily pop into Norwich anytime.

Thanks for reading thsi email and hopefully we might meet up soon.

Regards
Dan Metcalfe
www.miyoo.com