A programme for a programme

1 view

Simeon Jackson

Jun 16, 2011, 10:16:50 AM6/16/11
to tn-ec...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Following on from the previous meeting, it would be great to have a programme of events focused around the education and awareness-spreading of economic issues.  If we can get themes for each session, then we can target particular audiences who would be interested in that kind of thing, and get as good an audience as possible. Here are some themes I have thought of so far, but I'm sure there are more, so your input is welcomed! I have only identified those with an economic theme, but those with a peak oil or climate change theme would be great too, if someone else wants to head them up.

Education-oriented themes:
- The monetary system (how money is created etc.) (Can anyone suggest a good film to show on this subject?)
- The causes and effects of the financial collapse (Film-screening: Inside Job)
- The fallacy of growth (Film-screening: GrowthBusters (not yet released!))

Action-oriented themes:
- Complimentary (Local) Currencies, LETS & Time Banks
- Positive Money (campaign for monetary reform)
- Robin Hood Tax (campaign for a financial transaction tax)

If you want to be involved in any of these, let me know. I know that general meetings where we just talk about all the problems of our society can get tedious and down-heartening, so I want any events that we do organise to be upbeat and proactive, and to attract a good number of people.  However, great events take effort, and I don't have all the time in the world to put into this, so could anyone interested in helping organise please get in touch, so that we can move these ideas forward!

Take care,

Simeon Jackson