Draft of notes from last meeting

Tully Wakeman

Sep 4, 2009, 11:25:36 AM9/4/09
to tn-ec...@googlegroups.com
Dear Economy and Business Group

We (Mark, Jane, Muhammad, Peter and I) had a really good meeting last week (26th). There was a lot of consensus about the issues we'd been asked to comment on for the Resilience Plan.

The attached is an early draft of a possible chapter about the economy for the Business Plan. I'd note that:

1) A lot of what's in it was what we discussed, but I've also added to what we discussed in an attempt to build a coherent argument. So you might disagree with what's here, in which case please say.

2) I'm sending it in an unfinished state because it's already late. I'll look through my notes again to see what I've missed.

3) I've included significant sections on (reducing) demand for housing and transport, really as a riposte to the East of England Plan, which assumes that these will continue to grow. I hope you don't mind me using this document in that slightly dual-purpose way - but I think the Resilience Plan needs to be able to argue that case in that forum.

This is very much for discussion - please do discuss! (ie via this Google Group)

Best wishes
Tully
--
Tully Wakeman
East Anglia Food Link (also Transition Norwich)

Liz Day

Sep 7, 2009, 4:13:22 AM9/7/09
to Tully Wakeman, tn-ec...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tully

Thanks for this, sounds like you had a good meeting.

All I need now is the promised attachment...

liz
:-)