TMSU on Mac OS X

Joel Heikkila

Apr 26, 2012, 10:06:43 PM4/26/12
to tm...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I've been trying to get TMSU to compile on OS X, and while Go and
go-sqlite3 are happy in such an environment, go-fuse fails to build,
due to some Linux-specific assumptions. Unfortunately that's an area
very much out of my depth to debug.

Being able to compile TMSU without the VFS would bypass the problem
obviously, and would likely allow portability to other BSDs as well.

I'm not sure how much work that would be. Just a suggestion.

Thanks :)

Paul Ruane

Apr 27, 2012, 3:18:34 AM4/27/12
to tm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Joel,

Sorry to hear it's not compiling on Mac. To remove the VFS functionality you should be able to simply delete the 'vfs' directory and the 'mount.go' and 'unmount.go' files from the 'commands' directory and then remove their mention from 'main.go'.

Unfortunately I don't have any Mac box to debug this problem with but I will try to get a VM up and running.

Paul

Paul Ruane

Jan 29, 2015, 12:27:15 PM1/29/15
to tm...@googlegroups.com
I've noticed there have been some messages on the go-fuse mailing list about it now compiling for OS X under Go 1.4. If you are still interested in the project it may be worth checking this out.