TMSU has moved to GitHub

Paul Ruane

Dec 5, 2014, 8:08:36 PM12/5/14
to m...@tmsu.org
Hi all,

I had been considering moving TMSU to GitHub for some time, not
because I think it's any better than BitBucket but because it's
quickly becoming (if it is not already) the defacto standard place for
(free and) open-source projects to live. This makes it easier for
people to fork the project, submit pull requests, &c. which can only
be a good think for TMSU in the long run.

I had been putting it off and putting it off but learning last week of
the Go project moving there and Microsoft(!) releasing their
open-source code there got me thinking about it again. But somebody
rose an issue today to move to GitHub and this finally gave me the
nudge to get this done.

The new project is at:

https://github.com/oniony/TMSU

I have yet to migrate the issue tracker (it's looking like a manual
process) but I will. However if you have an open issue, you have a
GitHub account and you have the energy, please feel free to your
issues on the GitHub tracker as, that way, you will get a notification
when it's updated. Obviously any I migrate will have me as the
reporter so you'll not get notified when they're resolved.

There are 50 odd people watching the project on BitBucket and I'm in
two minds whether to message them all directly but if I do please
excuse the multiple emails.

This mailing list is unaffected by these changes.

And 0.5.0 is on the way...I hope to release this over the Christmas
period, once my work commitments have settled down.

Thanks,
Paul