VFS Failure

jonatha...@gmail.com

Mar 13, 2015, 12:23:08 AM3/13/15
to tm...@googlegroups.com
I've been using TMSU + VFS for quite a while with much success, but now whenever I try to access the FS it crashes, and starts reporting "Transport endpoint is not connected". I can `ls` the mountpoint and the tags subdirectory (with all tags present afaik), but as soon as I try to view a specific tag, it crashes. I tried running `tmsu vfs` in the foreground and it reports "panic: could not begin transaction: there is already an open transaction".

My first thought was to run `tmsu repair` (even though I know it shouldn't help), and it reports "tmsu: database query failed: too many SQL variables". So my only thought is that I may have done too much tagging, but please let me know if you have any other suggestions. (375 tags, 20k files, 98k taggings).

Thanks,
Jon

Paul Ruane

Mar 13, 2015, 5:35:09 AM3/13/15
to tm...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having problems with TMSU.

The 'there is already an open transaction' bug I fixed this week on the default branch. You could try with the latest version but I will try to push out a 0.5.2 release later with this important bug fix.

It's hard to tell if the other issues are related. If you could run 'tmsu -v vfs' and get it to crash it should show a detailed error that would be useful for me in diagnosing this issue.

It's not clear if the repair issue is separate also: I'll take a look at this this evening.

Thanks,
Paul

Jonathan Doman

Mar 14, 2015, 3:01:39 PM3/14/15
to tm...@googlegroups.com
v0.5.2 fixed my problem. Thank you so much for making and supporting tmsu!