error while loading shared libraries

James Reed

Mar 23, 2014, 4:47:11 PM3/23/14
to m...@tmsu.org
Hi,

After mounting a test database under /tmp/tmsu, calling "ls" from /tmp/tmsu/tags produces:
"ls: error while loading shared libraries: libacl.so.1: invalid ELF header"
This doesn't occur if "ls tags" is called from /tmp/tmsu.

This happens with the current tip (9b4088ae5293+ tip) as well as 0.4.1 (installed with the AUR package[1]). Obviously, I'm using Arch Linux.

If I'm overlooking something trivial, my mistake. I'll gladly provide any addition information if necessary.

Also, on an unrelated note, I was looking through the code and noticed that the calculateSparseFingerprint[2] function always uses sha256 hash rather than the specified hash. Is this intentional?

Paul Ruane

Mar 23, 2014, 4:58:20 PM3/23/14
to tm...@googlegroups.com

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

> After mounting a test database under /tmp/tmsu, calling "ls" from /tmp/tmsu/tags produces:
> "ls: error while loading shared libraries: libacl.so.1: invalid ELF header"

Very strange, the error suggests libacl is corrupt, which I doubt it actually is. I've not seen this error before. I'll have a look to see if I can reproduce this myself but will have to be tomorrow now.

In the mean time, if you could please identify which version of FUSE you have installed and also where the libacl symlink is pointing at that would be very helpful.

> Also, on an unrelated note, I was looking through the code and noticed that the calculateSparseFingerprint[2] function always uses sha256 hash rather than the specified hash. Is this intentional?

Oh dear, no it's not intentional. Obviously the test coverage is not quite where it should be either. I'll get this fixed. Thanks for pointing it out.

Thanks,
Paul

Paul Ruane

Mar 23, 2014, 5:19:48 PM3/23/14
to tm...@googlegroups.com

Actually, I'm wondering if this is a problem with a 64 bit process trying to load the 32 bit library, or vice-versa.

Could you confirm whether you are running 32 bit or 64 bit Linux and whether TMSU has been built 32 or 64 bit?