Periodic sessions

Muru Selvakumar

Mar 10, 2020, 6:17:26 AM3/10/20
to tmat...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

How to make tmate create sessions every time existing ssh connection is connected to or gets disconnected?

I have system at workplace that I'd like to connect to from multiple devices. This machine will run 24x7. I need to run tmate in this machine like a daemon and write ssh session id's to a file and then I can use git or syncthing to push my other devices so that I can connect to work-machine.

Everytime I quit a session or it disconnects by itself, I need tmate to create new session and write it to the synced file.

Thanks,
Selva.

Nicolas Viennot

Mar 10, 2020, 7:19:29 AM3/10/20
to Muru Selvakumar, tmate.io
Hello Selva,

1) You should use named sessions. This way you tmate session always stay the same.
2) you should use the foreground mode with -F and launch tmate on boot via, say, systemd or a tool of your choice