Logo for tmate

Nicolás Pace

Jan 23, 2021, 11:31:47 AM1/23/21
to tmate.io
Hi!
I have 0 skills for design, but I needed to set a logo for tmate as I am integrating it to our librerouter.org remote support platform, so i thought it would be valuable to us all, at least to start the conversation.
I did a blend in between the tmux logo, and a friendship imae from thenounproject.com https://thenounproject.com/search/?q=mate&i=1101910
This is what I came up with:
tmate.png
I am attaching the svg.
If there is any designer out there, may be you can iterate on this :)
Regards,
tmate.svg

Nicolas Viennot

Jan 28, 2021, 12:11:45 AM1/28/21
to Nicolás Pace, tmate.io
Hello Nicolás,

This is very thoughtful and kind of you to offer a logo.
It definitely is an improvement.
Sadly, I don't have the bandwidth to make updates on tmate at the moment.

Thank you, and sorry,
Nico

Nicolás Pace

Jan 28, 2021, 3:20:07 AM1/28/21
to tmate.io
Hi Nicolas,

To be honest it was a scratching my own itch :) , and thought it would be useful for the project.
Would you be open for a PR related to that? I can edit the project so the website updates with the logo, shouldn't be so much.

Also, have read the little bandwidth sentence many times already... It is a pitty as it is a great project (that looks that is being used by many people... we will certainly do).
Are you open for reviewing contributions in PRs? Maybe organize a team?
What about opencollective funding so you can have an income from this and put some time (you or others)?

Thanks,

Nicolas Viennot

Feb 20, 2021, 7:46:09 PM2/20/21
to Nicolás Pace, tmate.io
If you could make a PR, that would be great!
Funding isn't the issue. It's time that I'm lacking.
Thanks,
Nico

Nicolas Viennot

Mar 21, 2021, 3:58:11 PM3/21/21